2.5 Gallon Planted Nano: Betta, Shrimp, or AFD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyK

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 2.5 gallon planted nano tank that I originally got for a female baby betta, but unfortunately the fish was unhealthy when I got it. I had been hoping a more healthy environment would help her to heal, but I guess she was too weak and a few days later she died.

The tank’s got a 10 watt mini heater, LED lighting, a corner sponge filter, natural-toned mixed gravel, and two or three varieties of plants (the only one I know for sure is dwarf anubias). The current stock is a single black nerite snail.

I’m not sure what exactly I want to put in this nano for the main stock, but here are my ideas: a single betta fish, 5-10 cherry shrimp, or 1-2 African dwarf frogs (for these I’ll definitely need to get a cover for the top). What do you think? I’m open to other suggestions if you know of something that would be better suited to such a small space.

Betta are usually happier with more space. I frequently hear that 5 -10 are a minimum for a Betta. That’s a great size to heavily plant and raise a colony of shrimp. Red Cherry Shrimp (called RCS on here) are relatively inexpensive and hardy. You could make a beautiful tank with them. I assume it’s a cycled tank.

Back
Top Bottom