2.5g Planted ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 2.5 g bowfront that I am thinking about turning into a planted/shrimp/snails tank. I have a few questions.
1. I am going with a clamp light since I lost the hood for my tank and I was wondering how many watts I would need? Would a normal flourescent screw in bulb would be enough for some low-med light plants?
2. Would the snails I'm picking eat my plants? I'm getting 1 nerite, a few pond snails that I already had :| and some Rabbit/Sulawesi/Tylomelania sp. snails.

I use little desk lamps with the screw in fluorescent bulbs in them and can grow must plants. In the center is where I put my higher light plants and the sides I put things like java moss and narrow java ferns. I don't think any of your snails will eat healthy plants but dieing or dead plants they will.

lol, thanks, thts what I was going to do I just have to find a lamp, which will be a while since I'm broke XD

I get the 13 watt, make sure it isn't softwhite. The spectrum isn't right for plants.

Back
Top Bottom