2 Apple snails have layed about 14 clutches of eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite normal.

Mine have been on an egg laying marathon for almost a year now. I even get little snails to hatch out of them. My problem is that none of them ever seem to survive. How about yours?

I wish mine owuld lay more eggs. I got one clutch for the firts time about 3 weeks ago. I think I got a few eggs that are viable but haven;t seen a baby snail from clutch yet. Mine are golden Mysteries but I also now have 4 purplesa and 2 off colore dones so I hope to have more clutches in abut 5 months or so when they are large enough.

The one I got the baby snails form says she can get 100+ clutches a year from a 4 females. Even as often as a clutch every 3 days.

I would also like to know if you have had any babies survive and what you intend to do with all of them.

MAKE THEM STOP

I have had to feed all the babies to my puffers. Sounds sick but what else am I going to do with them.

Put them on here for trade or for sale. Make a buck or two off or them or get something you want in return. People do it all the time. Is howe I got the mysteries I have as my LFS never carries anything but the goldens and ugly ones.

My apples always lay eggs in wierd spots along the top edge of my aquarium so the eggs dry out because of the lighting. Should I replace the eggs into the water or on a damp surface?

If you put them in the water they will drown. Removing them and placing them on some styrofoam will work and does for a lot of people. I think there are instructions in the DIY section although I don't remember for certain.

Back
Top Bottom