2 aqua clear 50's enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently I set up a 55 gallon in addition to my existing 40 gal breeder. I moved my aqua clear 70 onto my 55 gallon and now my 40 gallon has 2 aqua clear 50's. This tank has about 15 juvie peacocks int it currency and I'm wondering if this will be enough filtration. If not I was planning on taking one of the aqua 50's back and returning it for the 70 that is now on sale

It seems like enough, but you really want to have over-filtration. Good enough IMO, but bigger is always better:)

Gboy66 said:
It seems like enough, but you really want to have over-filtration. Good enough IMO, but bigger is always better:)

+1. Can never have too much filtration imo.

Thanks for the input guys, I went a head and took one of the 50s back and bought an aqua clear 70 which ended up only being 5 bucks more. The box has a promotion on it where you can get a years worth of filter inserts by sending in your receipt and the UPC code on the box. Anyone done this?

AquaticAl said:
Thanks for the input guys, I went a head and took one of the 50s back and bought an aqua clear 70 which ended up only being 5 bucks more. The box has a promotion on it where you can get a years worth of filter inserts by sending in your receipt and the UPC code on the box. Anyone done this?

Actually no! But you dont really NEED filter inserts..you only replace them when the filter is practically falling apart

I bought a second AC110 last Nov. After seeing the promotion I got two foam refills and sent in the rebate. They were pretty quick sending me two matching refills. I figure I'm set for quite a while now. These are great filters.

Back
Top Bottom