2 Bettas in Split 10g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm thinking I'd like to put my female betta Lucy and my girlfriends male betta Fluffy in a 10g split with the mesh tank divider you can get at Petsmart.
I'm thinking gravel and plastic plants and the cave they're used to on each side of the tank...

Would they be okay like that? I imagine Fluffy will flare a lot and my Lucy will stare at him in her evil little way she does... :)
I imagine he will make bubble nests and she will possibly become Gravid and full of eggs.

Any suggestions?? :)

Sounds good. Make sure they can't squeeze through gaps or jump over the top of the divider. If they get too stressed seeing each other it might be a good idea to get an opaque divider.

Mumma.of.two said:
Sounds good. Make sure they can't squeeze through gaps or jump over the top of the divider. If they get too stressed seeing each other it might be a good idea to get an opaque divider.

I'll try the mesh one first, but just so I get an idea... Can I just look up other types of dividers on an Aquarium Site?

Can someone post the sticky on Fish in Cycling?

This 10g Betta tank will be my first KNOWLEDGEABLE fish in cycle...

Thank you :)

Mumma.of.two said:
Thanks Mumma..

This seems SO simple to me now... It used to appear SO difficult... Wow I must have finally gotten the hang of things ;-)

It's now only the one Betta In the tank without a divider of course.. :)
Lucy is in the 29 and Fluffy has his own tank now... I made him his own post about his poor fins...

I have 2 betta's in a 5g split I used 2 pcs. of the plastic cross stitch material together and the plastic edges off of a book report cover. The plastic is stiff enough to stand up and the book report cover binds it together. It is think enough that it stands and the two piece do not line up so the fish cannot see each other and it allows water to go through.
The divider you get from the LFS is thin and the fish can see each other and it really caused my two fish to be at constant stress.
This is the one from Petsmart that I added the cross stitch material too.
Top Fin&#0174 Tank Dividers - Fish Care - Fish - PetSmart

But you can get the book report for 1.19 each
and the cross stitch material .69c each

Back
Top Bottom