2 gallon pico build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am starting a 2 gallon pico reef...tank is fluval spec 2. Plan is for live rock, mushrooms, maybe a small patch of pulsing Xenia, and POSSIBLY a Catalina goby....but only till big enough for my other tank (my LFS sells then about 1/2 inch). Will have a few snails and a shrimp too.....right now......just saltwater!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387541136.686155.jpg

I think the light will need to be replaced....I did see a fluval reef led light fixture....was for 5-10 gallons, but itch. Ink I could make it work.....

I think I have given up on the thought of a fish at all.....maybe just a cool shrimp of some sort......

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387560629.918766.jpgi did add a rock from my big tank.....has some ugly plays and some tiny pulsing zenia....I won't be sad if I lose either.....thinking I may go bare bottom......

It looks good. Are you sure you want to go bare bottom? It would look really cool with a little bit of sand.

I think I have decided to add a little sand.... Maybe an inch..... Now to go find such a small amount somewhere!!

I'm really hoping I can find someone close with some cycled sand they will share..... I have crushed coral in my big tank and I don't want to use that....

What about a harlequin shrimp? If you can feed it the starfish it needs

They eat most types, Asterina could be a good choice too. It just depends on the availability for you

Idk if I'd put a harlequin in just due to decaying starfish. That will muck water quality up pretty quickly.

You should try to do black sand, the corals would look really spiffy with the black background and black sand.

I have never used black sand.... Is there a specific brand to look for?? I'm sure I'll have to buy a whole bag for only a few cups..... Would it be ok to dump the extra into the sump area of my other tank? Right now the sump is just empty besides the equipment.....

Back
Top Bottom