2 Male Mollies in tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sow3r

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently(1 day ago) bought a black molly to go with my silver molly but I didn't knew the black one was a male(so is my silver), The silver molly is slightly bigger than the black one is, and at first he didn't noticed the black molly, as of this morning the silver molly has been "following" the black one and swimming almost together with no problem but now I noticed the silver molly "flaring up." What does that mean? Are they not going to get along with each other? Or perhaps I'm mistaken and one of them is female and they are doing some kind of dance?:blink: I've included videos to show what I'm talking about. Thanks in advanced!
Flaring up.
Silver Molly and black molly - YouTube

attacking him?
Silver Molly and Black Molly - YouTube

Yes they are both males . I would say he is attacking him but it doesn't look like he's done him any damage. But I would separate them :)

Thanks samzter that's what I did.

Yes they are both males . I would say he is attacking him but it doesn't look like he's done him any damage. But I would separate them :)
Looks like he's being a pain to the other molly. Separation is best. Glad you did that already. I've had that happen before, and the bully molly just got more and more aggressive. I eventually gave the bully away to a friend.

Back
Top Bottom