2 Pairs of Firemouths?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bensparky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 72 gallon fish tank that currently houses 1 bristlenose pleco.

Will 2 breeding pairs of firemouths be comfterable in my fish tank along with the bristlenose?

I want the fish to be as happy as possible.

Thanks,
Ben

I have a rd which I believe is the same thing as a fire mouth, close enough to breed together anyways, I have a Pleco with the rd and from time to time the Pleco gets a nip on the fin but nothing extreme

I would say yes you should have plenty of room in that tank just make sure to have plenty of caves and plants as sight breakers and so they can establish their territories.

Bensparky said:
I have a 72 gallon fish tank that currently houses 1 bristlenose pleco.

Will 2 breeding pairs of firemouths be comfterable in my fish tank along with the bristlenose?

I want the fish to be as happy as possible.

Thanks,
Ben

One breeding pair would be better, but you might be able to get away with two. In my experience, firemouth's are not overly aggressive during breeding.

You would just need some medium sized flower pots on each end of the tank. I'd recommend getting rid of the BN, but if you can't, make sure he's got some places to hide.

I have a rd which I believe is the same thing as a fire mouth, close enough to breed together anyways, I have a Pleco with the rd and from time to time the Pleco gets a nip on the fin but nothing extreme

Fire mouth and Red Devil are VERY VERY different.

Back
Top Bottom