2 Part Nano Reef Formula

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicoC16

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been having a 30 gallon tank now for six months now and I wanted to begin to see some serious coral growth. I was wondering if I can begin adding a 2 part mineral and buffer additive to boost and stabilize existing calcium, magnesium, strontium and other important elements. Is it alright to add the prescribed dose from the bottle or should I add it slowly to the tank?

Attachments

• Kent Marine Nano Reef 2 Part Solution.jpg
    Kent Marine Nano Reef 2 Part Solution.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 226
Do you test for alk, calcium and mag? Only dose what you test for. If you're testing for those and they're dropping steadily each day then you need to dose.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't test for much anymore. I wanted to just add a little buffer to my tank because my calcium level was out of whack a bit.

Is it constantly out of whack or it slowly drops over time?

I hadn't checked it in a while because the tank was looking so good. It has been about three weeks since my last water change so I thought that my mineral levels would be down, so I considered adding a buffer to boost up the levels. I have never added anything to this tank but I did to my last one and it significantly stimulated coral growth.

I'd start testing if you're gonna dose. Also weekly wcs will replenish everything and tends to be cheaper than dosing especially in small tanks.

In a nano, I would suggest just water exchanges weekly. It is very easy to accidentally upset the water parameters in a nano. And the dosing can get pretty crazy as you are dealing with a small water volume.

Back
Top Bottom