20 day old 12g Aquapod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys.. I just thought I would post a little video how my tank is doing 20 days in. I am new to saltwater so your feed back is always appreciated. Thanks guys hope u enjoy!

http://youtu.be/AvS9j6WbVUQ

Nice tank, personally i would get rid of the cromis as they are shoaling fish and need à bigger tank, also how are you feeding

Sorry phone playing up, also how are you feeding the manderin.

Looks awesome! I would also be concerned about the mandarin and if it was me I would ditch the damsels too (nasty fish) plenty of awesome fish to chose from instead of those ones! Here are two of mine that would do well in your size tank. Purple firefish and a rainsfords goby ;)

Attachments

• image-1458887664.jpg
    image-1458887664.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 136
  • image-240618676.jpg
    image-240618676.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 128
Looks awesome! I would also be concerned about the mandarin and if it was me I would ditch the damsels too (nasty fish) plenty of awesome fish to chose from instead of those ones! Here are two of mine that would do well in your size tank. Purple firefish and a rainsfords goby ;)

Hey yea I know I screwed up when I got the goby. I talked to my LFS and asked if I can bring it back. They sad just watch him and if I feel he is not doing well bring him in.. The green chromis was my starter fish cuz I heard it was hard. I am trying to get him out but the little sucker is hard to catch! And the 2 damsels are my deal with my GF (had to get them or I couldn't get the tank lol)

No dramas, you gotta do what you gotta do! Just be careful what else you put in there, my above recommendations are peaceful fish that may get bullies by the damsels. Looking good tho. Will it stay fowler or corals in the future?

They usally do that untill hé reconises you for food

They usally do that untill hé reconises you for food

I like how when I got got him he was like posted up behind a rock with only his head our scoping the other fish and me out lol...

Nice tank but I would say to many fish for a 12 gallon.. 20 days old was this tank cycled ? Did you add all the fish at once? Sorry to say I forsee some issues that probably will arise..

Nice tank but I would say to many fish for a 12 gallon.. 20 days old was this tank cycled ? Did you add all the fish at once? Sorry to say I forsee some issues that probably will arise..

Yea I know I have too many fish. I have been 4 in the tank now. 2 damsels, a tank bred clown, and a bi colored blenny. I have took the green chromis out. And yes the tank did cycle... Only took like 8 days to do so. (The live rock and sand helped) i do realize I went too fast but I have been keeping up on daily parameter checks and PWCs. All my prams are good leves, fish are healthy and active and coral frags are doing well too I believe. I do completely understand ur concern tho! The fish were added 2-4 days apart. Here are some updated pics. (It's day 26)

image-3796700659.jpg

image-710543832.jpg

image-261255965.jpg

Attachments

• image-1714192404.jpg
    image-1714192404.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 68
I was kinda shocked you have a aquapod not to many people on hear have them I have the 24 aquapod very good tanks imo ..only issue I ever had was the stock fans are cheap and will fail pretty quick but its a 15.00 fix when it does ..

I was kinda shocked you have a aquapod not to many people on hear have them I have the 24 aquapod very good tanks imo ..only issue I ever had was the stock fans are cheap and will fail pretty quick but its a 15.00 fix when it does ..

Well I got it off craigslist and the add said it was a 14g biocube but once I got it home I realized it was a 12 aquapod. I like it tho. I upgraded to a LED lighting and ditched the the hood all together.

Back
Top Bottom