20 gal long rebuild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

defiance

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've finished my 55 gal (for the moment) and now I'm looking to rebuild the 20 gal long that I inherited from my girlfriend when we moved in together. It's full of plastic plants and resin ornaments some zebra damios, white cloud mountain minows and a hillstream loach. I'm planning on moving these to an empty 50 litre. (not sure what that is in gallons)
I intend to plant the 20g low to med light.
So a few questions..
1. If I move the filter from the 20g with the fish can I avoid a long cycling process.
2. Would a canister filter be overkill on a 20g, if not what gph should I be looking for.
3. Will the 20g be a good size for a pair of cichlids (possibly convicts) or should I go for a dwarf variety.

Can any one help me out here.
Thanks

20 would be to small for convicts, I believe you can only have dwarf cichlids. I know GBR can go in there, Kribs, Peacocks.

I thought that might be the case, I was hopeful I could get away with just a pair. Looks like I will have to go hunting round the LFS's for some dwarf species.

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom