20 gal nano tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While were on the goby subject, some we're interested in,
Yellow watchman goby
Catalina goby
Court jester goby(possible fav)
Orange stripe prawn goby (another fav)
Hi fin red banded goby
Wheelers shrimp goby

Also Interested in the Yellow stripe cling fish.

Are any of these not reef safe? Were still a month away from stocking.

Catalina gobys are actually cold water fish. They can live in tropics tanks but not for very long

Oh.... idiot me.....
I wasn't happy with the scape of the base rock. So like a moron I decided to move two rocks that were on top... ughh... that lead to pulling every rock out and never finding a scape I liked. Now the tank is cloudy as day one and not arranged anywhere near my liking. I honestly should've left it alone(well not really). So I now still have to rescape and still find a balance. That leads to a few questions..

First do you other sw guys use any rock adhesive to form structures?
Most of my rocks are rounded and odd shaped so finding a nice look that is also naturally structural seems impossible. They pivot and move and I'm super worried about getting a structure together that then collapses on $500 worth of corals. Is there any more exact method of stacking? Is a little bit of potential pivot normal? Any links or info you guys can provide to initial rock placement would be very appreciated. Thanks again.

I believe bulkreefsupply sells a putty to adhere rocks together.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is this a common practice or should I be able to naturally stack them? I'm trying to figure out if im just missing something or if its common to glue things together.

Some ppl do. I didn't when I first set my 20 up but my rocks stacked nicely on each other. I'm just super careful when cleaning and placing frags

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah definitely beginning decay, little "bits" of "goo" are beginning to ooze from the panty hose containing shrimp. Also on the live rock I purchased there is some coralline algae, along with it is some green fibrous algae, think little green strands, is this anything to worry over, should I get a pic for ID?

We recently did test on the water after having the coctail shrimp in for about 3 weeks and we had some interesting results. My ammonia levels were at .25 and my nitrites and nitrates are still at 0. The water has recently become cloudy and I'm not sure why. Any advice on what could be going on? I thought by now my ammonia levels would be higher and that I would have at least some nitrites by now.

Yes, its floating about with some nasty looking bits seeping from the pantyhose.

Jumbo cooked shrimp in a 20 high btw for the record. Introduced on the night of 7/24/2015.

Back
Top Bottom