20 gallon Angler (reef?) tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I agree. Just tossing out what would be preferred by the an individual. It's hard to find a bright colored angler that eats frozen food. Getting one that eats live food would certainly be time consuming and expensive, but I might want to go that route. Seahorses would be a challenge and my concern is the sand keeping too much debris (wish it was bare bottom) and their sensitivity. I saw a small pipefish at my LFS which has been there for a few weeks so it's eating something. Still on the fence though.

Speaking from experience it is not that hard to get the anglers on frozen or fresh seafood. Out of the 2 months I have had mine I only had to resort to live food for one week. The trick imo is an invisible feeding stick and heads of silverslides.

Haven't been on the forum for a while, so sorry for the late update. It's been 2 weeks and the mandarin is still alive. Doing okay, but I think it might be slowly starving since I don't see it eat much. When I put a towel over the front of the tank it comes out to eat more often.

Finally hung up the LED fixture. It's a lot more blue than I thought, but it really brings out coral colors. Anyone have good white supplement lighting suggestions?

I feed nutramar or freeze dried cyclops feed every day. Water has been getting cloudy. The water quality diminishes rapidly from the excess food. I'm thinking more water changes and/or nassarius snails?

Going to LFS on Sunday so still a possibility of getting an angler. I've been quite interested in a pair of tank raised H. Reidi. Other choices would be H. Kuda or H. Erectus. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image-1755272243.jpg
    image-1755272243.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom