20 gallon extra high experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there anything I need to know about having one of these tanks? Seems like over the past couple of years I have read (here or elsewhere) that tall and skinny tanks cause too much water pressure and can crack or break easily.

I am considering getting one because it would fit a 10 gallon stand that I like, would fit our new house set up, and get me a few more fish. But, I am unsure how well these tanks work.

Thanks!

I had a 20 gallon high and never had issues with it. You just need to be careful how you stock it, as it's not a "true" 20 gallons. You don't have the same real estate as a standard 20 gallons.

twoodrough said:
Is there anything I need to know about having one of these tanks? Seems like over the past couple of years I have read (here or elsewhere) that tall and skinny tanks cause too much water pressure and can crack or break easily.

I am considering getting one because it would fit a 10 gallon stand that I like, would fit our new house set up, and get me a few more fish. But, I am unsure how well these tanks work.

Thanks!

Also make sure that the 10g stand can actually handle the weight of the 20g, you will be basically doubling the weight the stand must support.

Not sure were you came across your info, but I'm currently running a 20g high that is over 20 years old and one that is over 10 years old. Never had any issues. So long as you buy a true aquarium and not a amphibian/reptile tank, you should have no issues.

Thanks! We all know that not all info on the net is true. Up to this point I didn't really care about the tall tank thing. Now that I am considering one I thought I ought to see what people here had to say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom