20 gallon long emergency tank upgrade with Stargate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesterrace

Aquarium Advice Activist
After trying to do some decor upgrades to my kid's 10 gallon Glofish tank, I noticed water seeping from the front seal. So with inch per gallon running, I upgraded it to a 20 gallon long. Still a work in progress with decor, lighting, etc. but not bad for what it is:

Love my new smart plugs, have made a consistent light schedule much easier than the old mechanical timers:

New LED light review (also new substrate for a different look):

Unfortunately The substrate swap proved to be too much for my Flame Gourami. After waiting for a month and letting things settle I got this guy to replace him:

Well, the silver lining to a leak is that it's always nice to have a reason to upgrade! The tank looks really nice, and the honey gourami is absolutely beautiful. The shading of yellow to orange is really lovely.

Well, the silver lining to a leak is that it's always nice to have a reason to upgrade! The tank looks really nice, and the honey gourami is absolutely beautiful. The shading of yellow to orange is really lovely.

Thanks, but sadly the punches keep coming for my freshwater tank. Ended up with ich and lost everything but my Peacock Gudgeons (I swear they have cockroach DNA given they have survived all kinds of things). I'm going to treat the tank and let things settle and then maybe look into a Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami. It's ridiculous. I've actually struggled more with my Freshwater Tank than I ever have with my Saltwater Tanks.

On the bright side I got a couple of nice Green Cabomba Plants for my tank:

Thanks! I ask because I had a beautiful piece of tankart that looked like a stylized version of the Parthenon. When it was dry it felt stone-like. Sort of. After extended tank-time it turned into something bendable. It was listed as tank safe, so no worries. Just weird.

I'm going to look into the Stargate and a place for it.

Thanks! I ask because I had a beautiful piece of tankart that looked like a stylized version of the Parthenon. When it was dry it felt stone-like. Sort of. After extended tank-time it turned into something bendable. It was listed as tank safe, so no worries. Just weird.

I'm going to look into the Stargate and a place for it.

Unless you have something under 10 gallons, I would definitely go with the large size (same size that I have). Also IMHO the bubbler that is built into it isn't very good. If you want the effect go with a separate bubbler. The Glofish one is the one that I use and it's perfect for the color.

I've got a 125g, it isn't that tall though. I should have enough room without restricting open swin space. As far as bubblers, I have two stones that run when the lights are on that work pretty well functionally. I'll see if I can replace the one that comes with the gate, because I like the effect. In fact, if my fish respond well to it I'm willing to run 3 stones.

Back
Top Bottom