20 gallon tall stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude25

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone!
I'm going to redo my 20 gallon tank, because some of my previous stock died while I was on vacation. My sister is going to put her betta in the 20, but he's very peaceful. So, this is what I was thinking:
1 betta,
4-6 corys of some kind,
1 more kind of fish?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and God Bless!

Cories are great with bettas! You could put a bunch of pygmy cories in if you have them, or 6 small species of cory like pandas.
Kuhli loaches might work too, especially if you have a softer substrate they can dig in.
You might want to add a peaceful mid-swimmer. I think bettas hang out at the top most of the time, so maybe non-fin nippers like harlequin rasboras or neons or cardinals? I don't think you would be overstocked with a group of 6 cories, 6 mid-swimming schooling fish, and your betta. I am unsure though.
Your tank will look beautiful!

My Glowlight Tetras do really well in my 20 with my Dwarf Gourami. If it's a schooling-type fish your looking for. They harass each other sometimes, but never mess with the DG.

Would celestial pearl danios do well with a betta? I was thinking 6-8 of them, any thoughts?
Thanks!
-Fishdude25

I have heard cp danios do really well with bettas-- that's my plan for a smaller tank I have. In my 20 I have glowlight tetras a betta and a cory. Everyone gets alone ok and has their own level. What I know about cp danios - or they are also called galaxy microrasboras I think- is that they tend to be shy and like a lot if plants and hidey spots to feel comfy.

Thank you everyone for the advice! I plan on having 6 corys, 6 CPDs, and the betta.
Thanks again!
-Fishdude25

Back
Top Bottom