20 Gallon Tall Stocking???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just started up my 20 gallon aquarium and its time for fish!!! I have all the things I need for it to be successful. My water is crystal clear, strong filter, and heater.
The type of fish Im going for are high, mid, and low swimmers and all. I would like colorful fish, that will stand out. I CAN CARELESS ABOUT LIVE BEARERS(PLATYS GUPPY MOLLY) I've had them all my life. I was thinking about like Gourami, or maybe Barbs?

Whats your opinion? :popcorn: :fish2:

I just started up my 20 gallon aquarium and its time for fish!!! I have all the things I need for it to be successful. My water is crystal clear, strong filter, and heater.
The type of fish Im going for are high, mid, and low swimmers and all. I would like colorful fish, that will stand out. I CAN CARELESS ABOUT LIVE BEARERS(PLATYS GUPPY MOLLY) I've had them all my life. I was thinking about like Gourami, or maybe Barbs?

Whats your opinion? :popcorn: :fish2:

I am just rounding out my 20 tall with cherry barbs, harlequin rasboras, german blue ram, powder blue gourami, Oto, and ghost shrimp.

There is a lot of activity!!

My next project will be tiger barbs, they seem pretty cool.

I am just rounding out my 20 tall with cherry barbs, harlequin rasboras, german blue ram, powder blue gourami, Oto, and ghost shrimp.

There is a lot of activity!!

My next project will be tiger barbs, they seem pretty cool.

Thats is a really good stocking!!! :fish2:

Black Neon Tetras are a good mid/upper strata fish. They're larger and much hardier than standard Neons (and don't look much like them, actually). Harlequin Rasboras are also good mid/upper fish.

Cardinal Tetras a good mid-level fish and are very colorful. They also need a semi-mature tank (wait a month or two after adding your first fish) and don't like hard water. Glowlight Tetras are much hardier and occupy the middle/bottom of the tank. Ditto for Cherry Barbs.

As for bottom-dwellers in a tank that size, I'd recommend Sterbai Corys (hardier and more temperature-flexible than most corys) or Kuhli Loaches.

Black Neon Tetras are a good mid/upper strata fish. They're larger and much hardier than standard Neons (and don't look much like them, actually). Harlequin Rasboras are also good mid/upper fish.

Cardinal Tetras a good mid-level fish and are very colorful. They also need a semi-mature tank (wait a month or two after adding your first fish) and don't like hard water. Glowlight Tetras are much hardier and occupy the middle/bottom of the tank. Ditto for Cherry Barbs.

As for bottom-dwellers in a tank that size, I'd recommend Sterbai Corys (hardier and more temperature-flexible than most corys) or Kuhli Loaches.

Just wondering if you have cycled yet with the fishless cycle, or are you doing a fish in cycle. I did a fish in cycle on my 20g high. Started with 2 cherry barbs, gradually adding more. the original 2 are still with me, and all is well. Just go really slowly with fish additions if you are doing a fish in cycle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom