20 gallon tank suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtankfan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey there I have been thinking about getting a 20 gallon tank. Now I know if i do get one it'd be a while till I'd get fish. But i just wanted an idea of what I. Could get see if I want to or not. So does anyone have any suggestions? The Only thing is no live breeders. Already have a 10 gallon of guppies. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would look into shell dwellers. They are a dwarf African cichlid that live and breed in snail shells. Very cool fish! They also breed well in aquariums. So. In a 20g. You start with a few females and a male. Then watch as they build a community and stock the tank. There are a bunch of vid's on youtube. Look up "jewels of the rift" 6 10 min vid's on africans. I think it's the 5th video that covers the shell dwellers. It's the next build I plan

Are Chiclids a hard fish to keep? I was planning on going to my local Fish shop and asking there advice. Thanks for the suggest I think I might lean towards that idea!

No they aren't really. They do like a higher PH lvl but If you setup the tank with that in mind. Then care for them should be easy.

Alright thanks so much! I'm going to talk to my LFS and see If they even sell she'll dwellers

I just have my 10 gallon community tank that's my experience

Back
Top Bottom