20 tall needs a new shine!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my 20 tall, I put some work in today, I was moved by old scales and all the work he has been doing;) go easy on me guys, this is my first full planted, it's alllll natural, dw, petrified wood, terracota, anubias, java fern, micro chain sword(not really growing, but not melting) rotala indica ( lost lower section but new sprouts are coming up??) new foreground plants ( name escapes me, I'll remember tom!) java moss. I have dosing flourish comp since tank set up 2 months ago, started dosing excel a week ago. 15 watt t8 w led strip, thinking of retro fitting/cramming a 24" dual t5 DIY in there (26 watts) ok, that being said..???

image-3468355045.jpg

OH my! You did do some work! It looks awesome Brook. Two suggestions. Move the heater to the left end and hide behind your tall plants. The flow of the filter will still disperse the heat. What is the plant you have on top of the DW? OS.

OH my! You did do some work! It looks awesome Brook. Two suggestions. Move the heater to the left end and hide behind your tall plants. The flow of the filter will still disperse the heat. What is the plant you have on top of the DW? OS.
thanks! Ya, that sounds like a good idea, I wanted to do more but I had it drained down for a while and I didn't want to stress the lil guys too bad, my tetras get cranky too( no dirty looks yet though). It's an anubias I believe, I had it planted up until today per order of my Lfs guy who was half asleep that day.

Middle is def a java fern mat, back right is, pretty sure atleast, anubias, I'm thinking it looks a bit weak because it's been in the gravel for 4 months?? It's roots or rhizome were growing up out of the gravel, that help?

Hmmm the back right really doesn't look like an anubias though. It looks like a crypt with an anubias behind it. Like a few anubias leaves are poking out around it or something, but yeah, those leaves really look like a crypt. Even the roots look like a crypt's roots.

Can you get a better pic?

Plant the ones on the DW in the substrate. Get one of the mosses that you like and tie to the top of the DW. As it grows, train it to cascade over the front of the DW like a green waterfall. It would look cool and it gives the DW an old established look. Like it's been laying there for years. OS.

Hmmm the back right really doesn't look like an anubias though. It looks like a crypt with an anubias behind it. Like a few anubias leaves are poking out around it or something, but yeah, those leaves really look like a crypt. Even the roots look like a crypt's roots. Can you get a better pic?
Are you referring only to the plant up on the dw? That is only one plant, i cannot get another pic until tom morning, I will put one up early. I'm starting to doubt myself, that was the first plant I bought and my Lfs has like 30/40 deferent kinds..

Are you referring only to the plant up on the dw? That is only one plant, i cannot get another pic until tom morning, I will put one up early. I'm starting to doubt myself, that was the first plant I bought and my Lfs has like 30/40 deferent kinds..

Yes, that's the one, in the back on the right on the DW. It really looks like a crypt. Not a bad thing though. Easy plants to keep. I love my crypts.

I know right! My LFS has about 30-40 different plants but they are usually in bad shape because they won't set up their plant tank right. I keep telling them but oh no, those guys don't listen to me. Yet when I'm in there, they send customers to me with questions about the fresh water stock. *laughs*

I know right! My LFS has about 30-40 different plants but they are usually in bad shape because they won't set up their plant tank right. I keep telling them but oh no, those guys don't listen to me. Yet when I'm in there, they send customers to me with questions about the fresh water stock. *laughs*
Your the chosen one!

http://toptropicals.com/html/toptropicals/articles/aqua/anubias_en.htm

Here is a pretty good piece I found one night researching anubis. They are probably one of my favorite family of plants. I have three different types in my tank currently. I always add a new type...if I am lucky enough to have one cross my path. This article is a bit long but really good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great. Looks better. Did you get your filter mounting issue fixed?
well I did straighten out the in.take (embarrassed it was crooked when I took the photo) I plan on moving the heater next wc when I cut power to the tank.

Nice looking anubis. Did you get it attached the the dw already or did you do it yourself?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom