200 gallon set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My grandfather has a 200g setup and i cant tell what filter he is running. Can anyone help?

It looks like a wet/dry sump?
ForumRunner_20120512_192129.jpg

ForumRunner_20120512_192144.jpg

And also think it may need to be resealed. The seals are kinda dry.
ForumRunner_20120512_192159.jpg

It looks like a wet/dry to me. Reselling is not very hard, just labor intensive and time consuming; and that was for a 55 gallon. Good luck with that project.

Its gonna be years before starting this lol its in the basement and i dont have a place at my house:/. He conected everything to the house and its next to the sump pump which is genius i think. So if you reseal it do you have to take all the glass apart?

My advice, be real nice to your grandpa. Get your paws on the tank and MAKE room. You don't really need the coach in the living room right?;)

Tetra1990 said:
My advice, be real nice to your grandpa. Get your paws on the tank and MAKE room. You don't really need the coach in the living room right?;)

My grandpa passed a few years ago....no worries tho:) hes in a better place. I wish i could but my parents said "NO MORE FISH TANKS" lol our house would never hold it.

Resealing doesn't mean taking the tank apart, rather just removing the interior silicone. The older it is the easier it comes off IMO. Just make sure to get aquarium safe silicone. Sorry about your loss. :( if he had a tank that size, he had to be a cool guy. :)

somethingsfishy said:
Resealing doesn't mean taking the tank apart, rather just removing the interior silicone. The older it is the easier it comes off IMO. Just make sure to get aquarium safe silicone. Sorry about your loss. :( if he had a tank that size, he had to be a cool guy. :)

Ohhh i thought it meant the entire tank.lol. Thanks. He was a great guy. He some angels. Huge oscars. A pleco that was ohh id say a good 14in..as i recall. Lol

Back
Top Bottom