200litre Malawi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment the buttikoferi are the most peaceful fish in the tank, obviously that may change as they get bigger, but I deliberately bought them at the same time as all my others, and I bought ones significantly smaller, as for the auratus, I know what you're saying about the colour changing, but these are 4 females, the shop has a completely female tank, the males are in other tanks...

You shouldn't be putting buttikoferi with malawi's anyway it's as mad as a box of frogs.
If I were you I'd look up auratus changing sex.
Apparently they do this in a same sex environment.Clearly you don't want to listen to advice that doesn't go Along with your own view.I feel sorry for your fish especially the GBR'S as they are destined for a nasty end.
I will not comment again as you obviously don't need advice.Good luck with your fish.

What the hell? All I said is the store, which is a reliable one in Manchester, has a tank specifically for female auratus, I know they change colours etc, but if the store has sold me a male in this group, the onus is on them... I asked for 4 females, from the female only tank in the Abyss Aquatics Manchester, that's what I got... The GBRS will be moved soon, as soon as the other tank is ready, I'm not gonna move them from ph 8 water and plunge them in a tank mildly acidic, as I'm sure that's more cruel that giving them another few weeks where they are, seen as they're fine..

yehhhhhh

Nice tank bud--I have volcano rock in mine. I didnt stack my rocks like that because my auratuas and my convict and yellow labs like to build forts all day while I'm at work. I didnt want anything to shift during the process and crush my fishies. At first glance I thought the striped guy was a convict but he looks more like a tilapia to me. Also think I saw maybe 1 or 2 sunshine peacocks in the pics as well. Nice pics.

Thanks, yeah, couple of peacocks there too, mine do dig, but the rocks are stuck so there's no chance of shifting.. Sounds like a good idea not to stack though otherwise, just incase they end up smashing the glass falling too... Come home to a wet floor... Wouldn't be good x

Back
Top Bottom