20g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman42

Aquarium Advice Addict
i got my extra 20g high tank that was lying around and i decided that once it is cycled i will move my fish from my 10g into the 20g. here is the tank atm, im going to add some tall plants in the back. i wang some plants that are fast growing and do good under low light, i also dose liquid ferts. i am also going to add a background too, tell me how the tank looks, and some suggetions on plants, thanks :).

i have anachris in my low light tank and they grow pretty good and also you could get marimo moss balls but they grow SUPER slow, but they look cool

I think it will look good once it fills in. You may want to reslope your substrate, is it sand ? I usually try to have it deeper in back and lower in front so any debris will roll forward so I can see it and remove it.

As your stem plants grow you can trim them and replant the tops.

For stem plants I like Ludwigias or Rotalas. I have L. repens. Also Bacopa grows well for me. Vals grow very fast, but I have had those. I do use root tabs because of my Crypts. Crypt balansae has been a cool tall plant for my tanks. I also have C. retrospiralis. My centerpiece in one tank is C. wendtii "Mi Oya" and in the other it is C. nurii Pahang mutated.

I do love my Crypts, slower growing, but cool textures and types. I do use root tabs for my Crypts and my Swords.

A video of one my tanks:
Feeding time 10g Shrimp Jungle - YouTube

Amazon swords are cool. Maybe some sort of vals or jungle Val's. Anarachis are good or wisteria.

i have a question for my stock.
would these fish work in a 20g high?
5 neon tetra
4 von rio tetra
3 cory catfish
and 1 dwarf flame gourami
also i saw a bamboo shrimp, would it be okay in this tank?

gman42 said:
i have a question for my stock.
would these fish work in a 20g high?
5 neon tetra
4 von rio tetra
3 cory catfish
and 1 dwarf flame gourami
also i saw a bamboo shrimp, would it be okay in this tank?

I think that would be okay. Just watch the dg with the shrimp if you get shrimp. He/she may eat it up depending on the size of the shrimp

hmm, i guess i will wait a whike for the shrimp, thanks for the help :)

gman42 said:
hmm, i guess i will wait a whike for the shrimp, thanks for the help :)

Yeah, I think it is definitely doable, as long as he has some hiding spots, and make sure he's bigger than the dg's mouth

he was atleast 2 inches lol, he was about the same size of the dwarf gourami, and the dg will stay around 2.5" if it is a male.

gman42 said:
he was atleast 2 inches lol, he was about the same size of the dwarf gourami, and the dg will stay around 2.5" if it is a male.

That'll be fine then! Just to make sure, keep en eye on it but there should be no issues

Bamboo Shrimp are filter feeders. Specialized. Learn about them before you buy one. With Tetras, the larger the school the better. I'd add in at least 2 more Von Rios. Just add in fish slowly, not the whole tankful at once ;)

thanks, i had 6 von rios, but two died on the way home. should i add 2 von rios, and 2 neon tetras to add to their schools, with the fish in my original stock list?

i have another stock question. my tank has been cycling for 2 weeks, and i think its allmost done. as for stock, im thinking this
1 betta ( not sure what kind yet)
3 cory cats
7 neon tetras
5 von rio tetras, if i can find more ill up the school to 7.
does this look okay?

Personally, I wouldnt do a Betta in a community tank, your options are more limited with one.

so do you think the dwarf gourami would be more compatible with the tetras and corys

Back
Top Bottom