20g high planted aquarium! Help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With mine I rinsed it till it came clear. I'm not even sure that floramax has any substantial amount of nutrients in it to begin with, caribsea's site just touts it as a replacement for laterite. Either way, I rinsed mine till it came clear and put down root tabs.

Well I went the other route obviously lol looks like I have alot of filling and draining to do :( sigh.... For the good ole days of walmart gravel.

Well I got the 20gallon clean and running kinda lol I got some construction paper for just making my own background and it came with shapes so I decided to put them on it lol it looks ok for 50cents worth of background. I also have my little 5 gallon tank going only 1 fish in it. It's been goin for a couple months. I guess my 20 gallon is considered a 20 high right? Or just standard?

20s come in either high or long, so it's a high. =] Unless it was custom built! But it looks like a high to me.

I have to say I am extremely found of cockatoo apistos (a dwarf cichlid). I just got mine but I can't keep my eyes off them

First is male second is female...so much personality! They are pretty small right now

Attachments

• image-2859876152.jpg
    image-2859876152.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3761427925.jpg
    image-3761427925.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 51
They were actually at a store here in Seattle! But I know that HN1 and Severum Mama sell them (members on here)...you could talk to them

Btw does anyone know what this plant is on this rock I can't figure it out.

Kinda looks like my anubias...but hard to tell, cuz I'm lookin on a phone

jkdubs2 said:
Ok well as far as lighting I have a Aaron 8000k full spectrum daylight 15w 120v T8 18" light. Is that ok? And wat does light have to do with co2? Agh so much to learn! Haha

I had the same light on my 20g high, and IMO it's not even good for low light plants.

I know you're looking for a replacement, and hope you find a good one!

Thanks I'll definitely look into the lighting situations money definately is holding me back right now with car troubles so it may be a month or so who knows though. It's hard to be patient!

Also if I decide to get the tank to start cycling now is it ok? Or can I even start without having my plants and lighting I want? I figure since it'll be a month or so before I'm able to add anything live to it plants or otherwise would there be a way to get it growing the bacteria it needs so that way when I'm ready to put fish and plants in it will be ready? I read u can put gravel from an established tank into the filter of the new one but I would guess I shouldn't do that if the established tank is starting to have algae problems right? Just curious to see if I can save some time :)

Back
Top Bottom