20gal or smaller planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easyaqua

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would love some inspiration just a pic will do but I'd love to know the tanks specs aswell.
Thanks in advance
Tevin

The plants will look great when they grow a bit.
Nice design looks sweet
Thanks for some inspiration

Fluval ebi everything is stock sans the substrate. It's floor dry.

image-4294191158.jpg

20l about a month old plants haven't filled in completely. Aquaticlife t5 high output nylon screen blocking some light. Worked out great otherwise it would fry everything. Also a trickle of pressurized co2 mainly cause of the amount of light.

image-707263767.jpg

20t Dirt and shrimp and epiphytes

image-3377146020.jpg

I have a two gal planted with some pond snails for a dwarf puffer I will be getting but I don't want to post pictures of that on the internet for all to see :hide:

You can check out my 25 planted on the link to my build thread if you want, also fort has some amazing planted tanks.

All of you guys have such nice tanks. I will post a pic of my one I did today. The water is cloudy because of when I planted all the plants will be clear in an hour or two

My 3i litre fluval ebi tank. 2 light units with a small pressurised co2 unit, weekly dosing with pro flora liquid fert.

Attachments

• image-912199835.jpg
    image-912199835.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2973099337.jpg
    image-2973099337.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 130
  • image-3179132318.jpg
    image-3179132318.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 121
My 3i litre fluval ebi tank. 2 light units with a small pressurised co2 unit, weekly dosing with pro flora liquid fert.

Your tanks look so lush!! In the middle pic is that the edge of a fluval spec 19L I see? I have just bought one for a dwarf puffer, do u have a heater in the space next to the sponge? Would love to see a pic pls?! Sorry for the blah if I'm mistaken. :-D

I have a two gal planted with some pond snails for a dwarf puffer I will be getting but I don't want to post pictures of that on the internet for all to see :hide:

You can check out my 25 planted on the link to my build thread if you want, also fort has some amazing planted tanks.

This is a great thread, I too am about to get a dwarf puffer and am looking for some inspiration for a 5G planted tank...first attempt
at planting. What will u put your puffer in to keep him interested... I hear they get bored easily and need a tank to keep them curious with lots of spots for investigation!!

Your tanks look so lush!! In the middle pic is that the edge of a fluval spec 19L I see? I have just bought one for a dwarf puffer, do u have a heater in the space next to the sponge? Would love to see a pic pls?! Sorry for the blah if I'm mistaken. :-D

Lol well spotted, it is indeed a fluval spec. My mrs has just brought and had it only set up for about a week, heres a pic of it but most of the plants and stones have just been put in randomly, also heres a better pic if mine

Attachments

• image-1323299729.jpg
    image-1323299729.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image-280938744.jpg
    image-280938744.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 113

Also yes iv slid the heater down so it sits just above the power head

My first post here, been stalking these forums for a while. This is my tank.
A Fluval SPEC 3 (2.8 Gallon) Currently 3 weeks old. :fish2:

Attachments

• DSCN1970.jpg
    DSCN1970.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN1961.jpg
    DSCN1961.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 104
This is a great thread, I too am about to get a dwarf puffer and am looking for some inspiration for a 5G planted tank...first attempt
at planting. What will u put your puffer in to keep him interested... I hear they get bored easily and need a tank to keep them curious with lots of spots for investigation!!

Thank you! I am thinking about doing a similar set up for a 5 gal for a dwarf puffer..

To keep them interested, make sure you have lots of plants, some DW and rock that has caves and stuff he can investigate. I am going to be getting the 5 gal fluval spec another poster has :lol:

Thank you! I am thinking about doing a similar set up for a 5 gal for a dwarf puffer..

To keep them interested, make sure you have lots of plants, some DW and rock that has caves and stuff he can investigate. I am going to be getting the 5 gal fluval spec another poster has :lol:

Lol, that's me!! I just bought one and thought I spotted the edge of one in someone's photo!! I think it's perfect for DP... Just can't find a suitable size of driftwood???!

Lol well spotted, it is indeed a fluval spec. My mrs has just brought and had it only set up for about a week, heres a pic of it but most of the plants and stones have just been put in randomly, also heres a better pic if mine

Looks great, I would be v happy if mine looked like that....I may go for 'random placing' as I am over thinking it perhaps :p Yours looks like a jungle, my fav kind of tanks!

Back
Top Bottom