22 Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hellathafish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I have finally set up my 22 gallon cube that i have had laying around for the last year. The only reason I have it set up right now is so I can tear down the 75 till the beginning of April when I have the time to restart it correctly. The 75 has had a bad algae problem for the last 6 months that I have not been able to get under control. I do have the RO/DI unit set up and running now so the 22 and 38 will have good water from now on. That was the problem with the 75 to much bad water and now to much algae, much easier to tear down and start over when i have the time to do it.

I have put water, rock, and sand in the 22 and will have pics up in the next 24 hours.

Be sure to thoroughly clean anything you are transferring, depending on the algae type it could just infect your new tank if not thinned and removed properly.

I was very careful in making sure I got all the algae off the rock and that is all that was transferred from the 75. Everything else will be taken down and stored till ready to be set back in April.

Here are the pics I said I would put up though it took me a little longer then I planned. Had to learn the new camera!

side view:
100_0104-1.jpg

FTS:
100_0103-1.jpg

I am happy with the scape for the time being.

Hmmmmm well~please dont take it offensivly~ but I would change the rock formation. It just seems clumped. To get better peices of live rock just use a hammer and chisel to break a few peices so that they are away from the walls so that the tank is easier to clean.

IMO I think it look nice with rock leaning against the glass, that means you get to see your fish more... (y)

Back
Top Bottom