220g planted-newly rescaped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi there, I was just wondering.....

Do the fish in your tank breed frequently? If so, what species?

I am hoping one day I will come home to see eggs from my Cories. :)

Fish spawn but in such a large community none get past the egg stage. Spawners are angels, rams, threadfin rainbows, and I think the cories a couple of times. My yo-yo loaches tend to eat all the eggs they can get.

Fish spawn but in such a large community none get past the egg stage. Spawners are angels, rams, threadfin rainbows, and I think the cories a couple of times. My yo-yo loaches tend to eat all the eggs they can get.

That's very cool! Thanks!

Holy crap, that's gorgeous! I would love to learn about live plants (mine are all fake) but then I see tanks like this one and feel very overwhelmed. I may just stick to fake for now and just drool over amazing tanks like yours! Well done!

Thanks but if you try a low light- low light tolerant planted tank to start with it's a good way to get your feet wet so to speak. Just do some research and get a feel for what's involved in a planted tank.

Thanks but if you try a low light- low light tolerant planted tank to start with it's a good way to get your feet wet so to speak. Just do some research and get a feel for what's involved in a planted tank.

God hun your tank is soooooo stunning,i practically drool over the pics,beautiful !!!

God hun your tank is soooooo stunning,i practically drool over the pics,beautiful !!!

And your pond is beautiful with stunning fish, and i.know ive thanked you lots,but again thank you for advice on my PH,the equilibrium is spot on got level stable every WC,to about 6.8 to 7.0,got 4 little cory habrosus and Merlin is fine with them,im glad I waited though see how he got on with the 1 cory I had left,he has now passes away sadly as I have had him a long time.

I won't get anymore as its only a 10 gallon,also my trumpet snails have bred but I love those snails so that does not bother me plus my daughter has a musk turtle and they eat aquatic snails,so a treat for him sometimes heres a pic for you :
Plus a full pic of my tank :)

ForumRunner_20130607_105620.jpg

ForumRunner_20130607_105639.jpg

ForumRunner_20130607_105705.jpg

And your pond is beautiful with stunning fish, and i.know ive thanked you lots,but again thank you for advice on my PH,the equilibrium is spot on got level stable every WC,to about 6.8 to 7.0,got 4 little cory habrosus and Merlin is fine with them,im glad I waited though see how he got on with the 1 cory I had left,he has now passes away sadly as I have had him a long time.

I won't get anymore as its only a 10 gallon,also my trumpet snails have bred but I love those snails so that does not bother me plus my daughter has a musk turtle and they eat aquatic snails,so a treat for him sometimes heres a pic for you :
Plus a full pic of my tank :)

I have Java Fern,and anubias where rock bridge is and some Amazon Swords at back,i did get some Vallis but I didnt have much luck with them,they just kinda peetered out,plus I got some floating planta one was riccia flutians forgot other name and they died pretty easily,so I decided to stick with what I have,i might get another Amazon Sword for back and another Anubias as that is growing lovely,my tank has those energy style bulbs a daylight and a moonlight, its an Interpet fishbox the tank. Your tank is amazing !!!!

Thanks! I'm so glad that Ph issue is finally resolved! It sure was a bugger to fix! I have a new thread as I have done a huge makeover in the tank. No more swords or vals and I made some of the big plant groupings much smaller but then added a ton of not too commonly seen plants. It's coming along nicely and will have a lot more color once it's fully grown in.

If certain plants work good and other not then it's a good idea to stick with ones that you know will do well in your tank. No use hitting your head against the wall if you don't have to... we did that enough with the Ph... lol!

Thanks! I'm so glad that Ph issue is finally resolved! It sure was a bugger to fix! I have a new thread as I have done a huge makeover in the tank. No more swords or vals and I made some of the big plant groupings much smaller but then added a ton of not too commonly seen plants. It's coming along nicely and will have a lot more color once it's fully grown in.

If certain plants work good and other not then it's a good idea to stick with ones that you know will do well in your tank. No use hitting your head against the wall if you don't have to... we did that enough with the Ph... lol!

Oh god yh PH was a bugger !!! Thank god its sorted thanks to you,ill have a better look at your thread at some point :)

Thanks! I've added a lot more non-green plants after removing the Swords and Vals and they have added a lot more color.

Back
Top Bottom