~23 gal tank, wanted to clarify some stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LanAkou

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there, I've had a 10 gal before so I'm not a complete novice, but I did want to run some stuff by the community first.

Number 1, i was curious about what I wanted to stock. 5 guppies, 2 angelfish, 1 gourami, and some Cory. Wanted to make sure that wasn't too much strain on my two filters (both 100gph) and they'd get along. Wanted to know if for a planted tank there were better alternatives.

Number 2, I was interested in a planted tank. Wanted to make sure corys are cool with it and what plants would be best for an lowlight tank. I was thinking of doing some cool stuff with java Moss and maybe throw in some bigger plants too. Amazon sword or dwarf hydroquinone.

Number 3, I wanted to know what the best way to make floating rocks was, kinda thinking clear rods to put the rocks on, so they'd refract around them.

Number 4 was a lighting question. There was a cool 100$ light at the store that was LED, very cool. Simulated sun, moon, storms, etc. Is there a cheaper alternative?To terrafin+ lights ever go on sale?

Hydroquinone is a skin lightening chemical. Not sure what plant you mean. Corys like plants very much. Low light plants are crypts, anubias, java fern, Najas or guppy grass. Not positive on answers for your other questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dwarf Hygrophilia, sorry, I'm on mobile and it decided that's what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom