24" deep tank .. need plant advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20g extra high tank that is 24" deep..
what are some plants that will survive (hopefully grow, but at least survive) in this tank

lighting is ambient light right now.. i might get a 10g stock bulb soon. not like that would have much of an.impact in a tank that deep

so I'm looking for suggestions of super low light plants .. there is a 15w "real" light bulb about a foot above the tank but there is no guarantee that it will always be on

its a fry tank so the plants are just for security ..

I know my options are limited and I really like mosses ( I know they are low light) what kind would work best in this tank?

open to any and all suggestions :)

Yea java fern and moss will work, I have two Anubis plants in my 2ft tall tank and they grow like mad. Also red tiger lotus seems to do well as long as u add ferts

U might need better lighting tho, did u say u had a regular house light bulb in there? Ime this will get too hot and melt something lol. Best use fluorescents as they will have the correct spectrum of light for your plants. Good luck

Save your money and get better lighting first. Your lighting is hurting regardless of plant with such a deep tank. You'd have to plant high on driftwood with your light bulb.

Back
Top Bottom