24g NANO CUBE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lshann14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok... So here is the story.
My room looked plain and boring so I bought a standard JBJ 24 NANO CUBE of C-List for only like $110.
Just curious if what kinds of fish and corals I should stick in there.

And also a way for me to arrange Liverock

I currently have

1 Beaugregory
And
3 tiny green chromis

I also put some LEDs under my hood
So my tank could be brighter and maybe have corals.

My filtration in the tank is filter pad>carbon>liverock rubble>caulerpa macro algae>return pump.

I don't really want a huge explanation on anything I just want people with nano cubes to answer a few questions for me
Thanks guys ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399521006.772605.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399521026.602337.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399521053.094155.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399521072.602033.jpg

There is no way for that tank to be cycled. The beneficial bacteria lives on the rock. You clearly don't have enough rock, which means not enough bacteria to support the fish. The tank isn't already cycled. The only way for that to happen is if nothing ever came out of the water when you brought it your house.

Previous owner had it running for 3 years.
I have 30lbs of Liverock that were in it.
I just took it out so that I could rearrange it. I know what I'm talking about.
All I want to know is what are any cool fish and corals that y'all have in your nano cubes

Where are the rocks now is all that matters. Currently there isn't enough rock in the tank to sustain the bioloads of the fish.

As for the fish - I personally never keep damsels. IME they're mean and limit what else I can put in the tank. Clowns, Gobies fish like that are probably the most common.

You could keep softies and some lps. Fish wise you're maxed out IMO

Previous owner had it running for 3 years.
I have 30lbs of Liverock that were in it.
I just took it out so that I could rearrange it. I know what I'm talking about.
All I want to know is what are any cool fish and corals that y'all have in your nano cubes

Did you replace the sand? I agree with Mac, get the rock in there and cycle the tank. If you exposed it to air you'll have lost most if the bb. I would also rehome all the fish, the chromis are mean and the angel is to big for the tank.

The rock is in my other tank now.
I've been trying to get rid of this stupid fish for almost 3 months now.
I caught him while diving in Florida.

I would also rehome all the fish, the chromis are mean and the angel is to big for the tank.[/QUOTE]

He's actually in the
Stegastes leucostictus

Aka a damsel

Back
Top Bottom