25 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
etemp714 said:
Only reason I'm nervous is a couple cats at work are saying negative stuff... Maybe they weren't capable of doing it but I'm getting alot of bad feedback which is giving me first time anxiety.

As long as you two holes on your return just below water line to break siphon and watch your water level in sump you should be fine....you want just enough water in the return section to feed pump just above it no more that way in case over flow gets clogged the pump can't pump a lot of water back into tank and will pump little water and then air ....as far as a power outage goes the holes you drilled will break siphon so only a little water will rerun into sumo when that happens

Your saying I should have two return lines drilled instead of one? I was thinking one but two sounds good too.

etemp714 said:
Your saying I should have two return lines drilled instead of one? I was thinking one but two sounds good too.

You want to drill two hold on your return line just incase a snail or Algae is blocking one then you have another as back up 1/8 inch would be sufficient

What am I looking for as far as silicone for these baffles? Are all the same or not?

Any silicone is fine as long as it doesn't say mold or mildew resistant.

Back
Top Bottom