25 gallon tropical tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm moving my tropical fish into the 25 gallon vacated by the goldfish. The goldfish tank has a HOB filter and a canister and a small powerhead. Should I still use all three of those things for the tropical fish? Will cories, mollies and a betta like some current in their tank? Hate it? Also, I could remove the canister and use two HOB filters instead. What do you think?

You can leave all the same stuff in the tank the fish should be fine i have mollies and they dont have much current i also have 2 small craw fish i foun them in a creek that had a bunch of current and now their in a 10 gallon and doing fine with no current. so your fish should be fine no current or not but i wouldnt put a lot of current. Like new2betas said bettas dont relly care for current i would suggest putting betta in bowl or leave in oringinale tank if you have to have a current. Hope every thing goes well.

the tank is about two feet tall, and the powerhead faces the surface of the water, so there is only a current when they swim to the surface near the powerhead. It's on slow alos. Is the betta going to die from this? cuz the mollies really seem to like it.

Betas Don't like current and they don't like deep tanks. They don't swim very well so currents pushing them under gives them problems. Betas have to be near the top so it sounds like a bad combo. Put Beta in his own tank.

try using a peice of the diveder or plastic or something. just to stop the current in a place so if the betta has a problem with the current it can go in the still spot.

Back
Top Bottom