25 Nano Planted Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will dwarf sag and microsword stay small enough for that area? Also can they live in this type of low light low tech setup?
As far as mosses I am not well informed. What type of moss would look good and grow well? I am concerned it will overgrow. Since I am trying to make a completely natural setup with no trimming and such I have to be careful about what plants I choose.
I wish i had a better pic because in person it looks ALOT better!

Dwarf sag grows well in low light environments, but it would take longer for it to spread, but since its not such a large area to carpet it shouldn't be hard for you to get enough plants to fill it in. You could also do a moss carpet instead of dwarf sag, which would do great in this tank...other options could be APP (Elatine Triandra), Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis (Micro Sword), Crypt Parva would also give a grassy look...

Go for the dwarf sag. It's really low maintenance and is definitely really grassy looking, and you can even cut it like grass.

:agree: Yup, dwarf sag is probably the most undemanding carpeting plant. Mine only grows about 4" tall and I like the look of it in my 60g, so I rarely trim it.

Ok dwarf sag it will be! I am hoping the crypts will take off as well. Kinda carpet the bottom. Would Java Fern have to be trimmed? Someone told me it wouldnt but Im kinda iffy.

Here's a pic of dwarf sag grown under similar conditions (Coralife T5NO 2x18w in a 20 g Long) at about 2 months. Took the pic at night after the lights went off. iPhone w/ autoflash.
image-1441935253.jpg
Quarter is for size reference. The plants were much larger when I got them but shed all of the original leaves and are about half that size now.

Here's a pic of dwarf sag grown under similar conditions (Coralife T5NO 2x18w in a 20 g Long) at about 2 months. Took the pic at night after the lights went off. iPhone w/ autoflash.
View attachment 159434
Quarter is for size reference. The plants were much larger when I got them but shed all of the original leaves and are about half that size now.
Ok sweet! I will definetly do those! I am thinking about dosing some flourish just to get the ball rolling in the beginning. The crypts are already starting to grow though :)
I think the big grassy crypt is gonna be my big center plant. I will move it to right about smack dab in the middle of the tank. Thoughts :)

Got some dwarf sag today :) Also moved the big crpt to the center and planted my banana plant. Gonna get some shrimp soon but it looks like the crocodile stickleback is a no go :(

Do we have any pics? :rolleyes: so what type of shrimp are you thinking of?
Im thinking the blue version of the red cherry. I cant remember the scientific name. I think the ecocomplete will provide enough calcium for the shrimp. I will try to get pics soon. There is very little change now however. I am kind of stuck on what else I can add plant wise. Im kind of dissappointed in the growth so far but maybe I am just being impatience.

Back
Top Bottom