25 Nano Planted Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not familiar with moth catfish. Gonna have to google those guys. lol

You may like a red tiger lotus. They aren't hard to find and are usually sold as bulbs. They don't need very bright light and can send out floating leaves. Most people cut then and that forces it to grow more lower leaves. It's considered a centerpiece plant. I bet you'd love it! Check em out. Anubias are one of my faves. I like your list so far but someone else may be a better advisor on those fish. -_-
I do like the lotus! However are they high maintenance?

I'm glad I found this thread!!
I'm working on re-doing a 26, so I love seeing what people with similar sized tanks are doing.

I'm glad I found this thread!!
I'm working on re-doing a 26, so I love seeing what people with similar sized tanks are doing.

Im glad you it as well! You may have to share zome pics of your 26 though....

GodFan said:
I do like the lotus! However are they high maintenance?

Oh no. They're one of the easiest plants you can add. All you need to do is trim off any floating leaves that you don't want to keep. I trim mine less than once every two weeks and that's under high light with co2. They show their best colors under high light but they'll grow just fine under most light conditions.

Sweet! Thanks! Another one to add to the list! How do yall think a checkered or 5 line barb school would do with the planned stock list?

TOMORROW!!!!! Yes! If all goes well I get ecocomplete tomorrow!!!! Help with my stocking!

GodFan said:
Sweet! Thanks! Another one to add to the list! How do yall think a checkered or 5 line barb school would do with the planned stock list?

Could you post a full stock plan list of current and possible future fauna? It would be a lot easier to help without having to read every post to make sense of the changes.

UPDATE!!!! It took 3+ hours, 3 1/2 bags of ecocomplete, lots of work, and lots of anxiety (well maybe thats a bit dramatic lol) anyway IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! It is to cloudy for pics right now ;( but tomorrow or Wednesday yall will have pics! Just as a sneak peek I will say this: there are hills and.... A CLIFF! I am sooo stoked! I have never been so proud of how my tank looks! And it isnt even done!

Could you post a full stock plan list of current and possible future fauna? It would be a lot easier to help without having to read every post to make sense of the changes.
Yes yes that would help:
Fauna: Various crypts
anubias
possibly a lotus
wisteria (temporarily)
a un IDed plant
dwarf four leaf
I will need help with plant placement!

Livestock:
2-3x Scarlet Badis (1m the rest f)
4x Crocodile toothpick (if can be found)
2x Moth catfish
3x otto
10x schooler (need help with this. I have considered CPDs, kubati rasbora, and mini barbs. I am open minded though!)
Inverts

So please advise! Suggestions are welcome afterall I cant know every species of fish (even though I wish lol)

Pictures! First the before then the after:
I think I need a background lol The filter is only temporary. I need more plants. What could I get for that top right corner? I plan to have something carpeting there and would like a plant maybe 4 inches tall. Thoughts?

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 80
  • zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 84
Looks very cool! I think dwarf sag would look cool up on the cliff, but if you don't like the look of that maybe a micro sword?

I agree with the dwarf sag and micro sword. Perhaps you could tie a type of moss against the flat rock on the hill to soften it up a bit if you don't think it will take away from the cliff effect you have going.

Will dwarf sag and microsword stay small enough for that area? Also can they live in this type of low light low tech setup?
As far as mosses I am not well informed. What type of moss would look good and grow well? I am concerned it will overgrow. Since I am trying to make a completely natural setup with no trimming and such I have to be careful about what plants I choose.
I wish i had a better pic because in person it looks ALOT better!

Will dwarf sag and microsword stay small enough for that area? Also can they live in this type of low light low tech setup?
As far as mosses I am not well informed. What type of moss would look good and grow well? I am concerned it will overgrow. Since I am trying to make a completely natural setup with no trimming and such I have to be careful about what plants I choose.
I wish i had a better pic because in person it looks ALOT better!

Pictures never do a tank justice. :) I think it looks great! I like plants like microswords and jungle Val I think they're natural looking.

Back
Top Bottom