265 gallon peacock/hap tank filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JraGold

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know eventually I will need to upgrade my filtration but I am wondering if for now what I have will work. I currently have a 110 gallon with 2 xp3's and 1 fluval 404. Overkill for the 110 for sure bit will it be enough to support the 265 for now? I'm gonna be putting 2 maxijet 600's on there as well. Dimensions are 72"L x 37 T x 24 W

Stock currently is 17 cichlids varying from 2 1/2"- 5", 2 fancy plecos 6", and 3 petricolas.

Bacteria wise, there is more than likely enough to keep water perimeters under control especially if you don't add a bunch of fish right away from what you have now. But keeping it clean and the little particles floating around probably not. I would invest into a sump

I would love to go to a sump but I don't have the room.. Would a xp4 and xp3 be enough you think? Or just do 2 xp4's?

I would love to go to a sump but I don't have the room.. Would a xp4 and xp3 be enough you think? Or just do 2 xp4's?

Two xp4 would only give you like 2-3 turn over rate. Maybe you should look into a bigger filter like the fx5 or adding a couple aqua clear 110s with the Rena xp4.

Like I said bacteria wise it should be fine. My thought would be worried about little particles footing around.

I have a 180 and I had and xp3 and 4 and ever had a problem but it couldn't make the water loom clean enough for me so I went to a sump. So if your as picky as me then I would look into something bigger then the xp4s.

Last edited:
Looking for fx5's now! Lol! Thanks for the advice! Will see what I can find.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom