265 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So here it is! All braced up and ready to go! Moving into the house tomorrow!!!

image-1694526697.jpg

Looks slick
It will be great to see it when it's set in place.
Are you still putting it in your bar?

Thanks! Yes I am! Laid it all out, ripping up the carpet right now for the big move tomorrow!

And it's in the house and slowly setting it up!! Here it is right now!

image-4197106750.jpg

Once it's placed in the room it just shows how much more impressive the size of that tank is.

Ya absolutely! Ya can't really see it in that pic but my 110 is behind it and the 265 makes it look so small!! Haha

image-1826355262.jpg

Nice tank. I'd defiantly go 4x4 over 2x6 if you plan on holding it off the ground. What fish are going in there Africans?

I actually opted to put it right on the cement. So it's just a pc of 3" styrofoam under it. I'll wait till I fill it and let it settle and build my canopy/bar top from there.

Ya I going with my current stock for now.

And it's in the house and slowly setting it up!! Here it is right now!

Just out of interest you must be crazy the rock yes you can take back out

But by adding the sand it will weigh a ton when you need to lift it on the stand

The Euro bracing is lots, but you might consider a couple of cross braces to help with glass lids. As for the stand, don't use 4 x 4s as they warp and twist like crazy. Better to laminate 2, 2 x 4s. Also much easier. Reality is that a 2 x 4 will easily carry the weight especially if it is braced.

Just out of interest you must be crazy the rock yes you can take back out

But by adding the sand it will weigh a ton when you need to lift it on the stand

Haha! Don't be too worried as the tank is staying where it is! It's not going on a stand. Just right on the styrofoam on the cement floor. And from there I'll add my canopy on top. My whole project is me building this tank into a bar! Gonna be awesome when I'm done.

The Euro bracing is lots, but you might consider a couple of cross braces to help with glass lids. As for the stand, don't use 4 x 4s as they warp and twist like crazy. Better to laminate 2, 2 x 4s. Also much easier. Reality is that a 2 x 4 will easily carry the weight especially if it is braced.

Yes you are correct regarding choice in material as a solid large pc of wood does tend to twist and warp and by making your own 4x4 out of 2 2x4's is much safer/stronger.

But I'm also not making a stand for it. I was going to but when I worked out my base+tank+canopy It would be way too tall for a bar. Thus why I decided to opt out the base. Cement floor is nice, flat and even level! Lol.

What kind of filtration are you gonna use for this tank ? So, basically the tank is going to be on the floor ??

Yes the tank is basically on the floor. And for now I have 3 very large canisters for it.

Haha! Don't be too worried as the tank is staying where it is! It's not going on a stand. Just right on the styrofoam on the cement floor. And from there I'll add my canopy on top. My whole project is me building this tank into a bar! Gonna be awesome when I'm done.

How will you filter it canisters won't work very well

I have 1 canister running on there right now with no problems. The tank is 3 feet tall so really the hoses are still over the canisters. Seems to be working like a charm

Fx5 would work but not well I know someone who tried it with bad results

That's odd, I've never heard a complaint about an Fx5. I have two I planned on running for my 135, now 210. But probably going with a sump

Back
Top Bottom