28 JBJ Nano Cube vs. 29 Oceanic BioCube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crosbo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been in the aquarium hobby for a while now, both reef and freshwater, but due to room constraints I'm going to go with a smaller all in one system. Right now I have a 10 gallon nano tank that I built myself, but I kinda like the idea of the all in one. I've been researching for a while now and have narrowed my search between the 28 gallon JBJ nano cube HQI or the 29 gallon Oceanic Bio cube with CF lighting. I'm leaning more towards the nano due to it having HQI, but I want to know what are the pros and cons of each from someone who owns one, what problems you have come across, and any other comments or suggestions about it. Thanks

Dustin

P.S. I know the HQI gets hot and that is the least of my worries...

i had once been looking into these systems before i got a 20 gallon tall, i liked that they had all the lights and everything build it, however i had seen some on display at a couple of fish stores, they all seem to have cracks in the same area, just near the corner where the glass bends, these where on the bio cubes, ive never personally seen a nano cube in person.

but i do know that the bio cubes, although one was larger then my current tank, the glass is much much thinner, so i never bothered saving for it, after seeing it and touching it, it felt like someone was trying to save a buck on materials.

it was a good thing that lady was home to hear the leak, other wise her livestock would have all been lost.

i had been looking for some of these things and some nano systems run up to over a thousand dollars for just a nano. the red sea max and the Elos system mini, the elos looks so sleek, modern and i think would look great anywhere, they just look so sleek and clean and profide seemingly better filtration then other nano systems.

Well, the tank wasn't actually leaking outside of the cube. It was just leaking between the baffle that seperates the filtration system from the rest of the tank. Meaning the filter wasn't as effective because there was water entering the compartment from the other end.

you can only expect so much, trying to make everything tiny cuts corners, its like trying to use those tiny nano skimmers, they just dont work very well.

im sure you could add a sump to those bio cubes, if you insist of having the cube look, go down to the store and play with it.

if you see on on display act like its yours, put your hand in the tank and see how easy it is to clean the glass or maybe turn a snail over, get a good ands on feel and see if you think the plastic is sturdy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom