29 gal bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brendan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I have a new tank I've set up on Jan 5 so it is as cycled as I can get it I have kinda hi lvl's of nitrite and my nitrates are around 1. I'm doing pwc's every cupple days to try and balance them out but my water out of the tap isn't the greatest . On my tank I have 2 merineland penguin 150 filters and a merineland doubble bright led night and day light. As for my plants I have 2 firms and another plant ( don't know the name) and as for fish I have 2 fancy angels, a male sword tail , 2 mollies and 2 black phantom tetras. I'm just curious what u all think and any advice u can give given my tank's situation alst was wondering on one or two more fish to put in it????thanks in advance. I'll post a pic of the tank soon

Here's a few pics of the tank

Attachments

• image-1973543777.jpg
    image-1973543777.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2213187512.jpg
    image-2213187512.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 72
Hello I have a new tank I've set up on Jan 5 so it is as cycled as I can get it I have kinda hi lvl's of nitrite and my nitrates are around 1. I'm doing pwc's every cupple days to try and balance them out but my water out of the tap isn't the greatest .

Your tank is not "cycled" until your ammonia and nitrIte levels are 0ppm. If you still are getting a NitrIte reading, then your tank is still cycling. What are you using to test your water? What are your water parameters?
Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?
Knowing these things can help us give you more advice on your individual situation. If you truly have high levels of Nitrite, then you should be doing PWCs every day, not every "couple of days". Any amount of ammonia/nitrites over .25ppm can harm your fish.

On my tank I have 2 merineland penguin 150 filters and a merineland doubble bright led night and day light. As for my plants I have 2 firms and another plant ( don't know the name) and as for fish I have 2 fancy angels, a male sword tail , 2 mollies and 2 black phantom tetras. I'm just curious what u all think and any advice u can give given my tank's situation alst was wondering on one or two more fish to put in it????thanks in advance. I'll post a pic of the tank soon

How big is your tank? That will help us advise you further on stocking. Black phantom tetras are schooling fish and are more comfortable in numbers. They really should be kept in groups of 4+ (minimum) to alleviate stress. I would however advise you not to add any more fish to your tank until it has finished the course of cycling.

My thoughts are in blue above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom