29 gal FOWLR 1st stock and tank mods. Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I got tired of trying to work around the Eclipse hood that came with this used tank so after I got back from vacation and saw the tank had fully cycled, I replaced it and the filter. I purchased a basic glass hood and a Marineland Emperor 280. I purchase a small amount of additional live rock and a Marroon Clown and Yellow Tail Damsel.

The light on the tank is a temporary situation as I had enoeph money left after vacation to purchase 96 watts of T5 lighting in one fixture that also includes moonlight LEDs. 2-24 watt 12k daylight and 2-24 watt true actinic bulbs with LEDs in one unit. It shipped today. This will give me light if I choose to do some coral and Nem. Pics below.

Bratsgrill2011_193.JPG

Bratsgrill2011_196.JPG

Bratsgrill2011_202.JPG

I would like some help (guidance) as to how much small pellet food and how often to feed the new tank residence. Since Saturday I have been giving them about a pinch 2 times a day. Is this too much? I know a pinch is a bit unprecise but hope you all can quantify better for me.

I also plan to order a clean up crew this evening.

I would say a pinch is ok. :) I have used a "sprinkle" amount on my larger tank but just a pinch on the smaller ones with less fish. as long as your tank is cycled any leftover food that rots should be able to be handled by your bio filter

I use a pinch of new life spectrum thera regular formula pellets. They are small enough for my magenta dottyback as well as all other inhabitants to eat so they're a safe bet.

I hear alot of good things about the Spectum foods. For now I have NutraFin Max, small canister so when its gone I will probably switch to Spectrum. Tonight I also ordered a cleaning crew and some macro algae from Reef Cleaners. Great prices there I see.

Back
Top Bottom