29 gallon coral reef move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear :(. In reading up on ich treatment I decided on doing hypo and there was an article that discussed many benefits to saltwater fish in hypo and they talked about it reducing the stress on the fish for water exchange or something like that which reserves energy, makes them more likely to start eating, etc...ill see if I can find it because I know I'm not stating all the facts correctly. It sounds like a good way to QT a new fish that may not be a great eater or something to try when you see signs of stress in a fish. One important note is they must be put into hypo slowly and brought out of hypo even slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Found some yellow spongy stuff growing on two of my corals. I took them out and scraped the stuff off with a knife that came in my frag kit. I gave both corals a good bath in revive before going back in the tank. Here is a picture of one of the corals with the stuff on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1466616399898.jpg
    1466616399898.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 119
Calcarious sponges (or pineapple sponges some people call them). Harmless filter feeders. Very common when water quality is good.

Thanks Greg. I thought it might be some sort of cocoon for spaghetti worms. I had them in my 20 gallon long tank when it was set up in my office. Do you see the little tubes extending off of one of them. That's where the little worms come out.

Here is a couple of pictures of the cocoons from my 20 gallon when it was set up.

Attachments

• 1466697494631.jpg
    1466697494631.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 1466697509097.jpg
    1466697509097.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 82
Loaded piece of rock you have.A lot of Sun(Tubastraea) corals.Make sure you place the rock so they stay in a low light area.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Loaded piece of rock you have.A lot of Sun(Tubastraea) corals.Make sure you place the rock so they stay in a low light area.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I believe it's a reverse gorilla nipple zoanthid and he likes being at the top of the aquarium.

I heard a loud noise coming from my tank Sunday morning. I went over to investigate and saw that the tank needed some top off water so I began to put some water in the return area and water started pouring out of my GFO canister onto a power strip that was sitting underneath the canister. I immediately turned off the power and began unplugging everything including the power strip itself. Needless to say the power strip is a goner.

Lesson learned, never put a power strip under anything containing water.

Thanks Greg. I am normally very careful but didn't expect that to happen. I will definitely be even more careful in the future.

I am sometime astounded at how stupid I am standing in saltwater fiddling with wires. I have to stop and remind myself what I'm doing and how quickly it could kill me. I try to have everything on GFI, but I may have overlooked a circuit.

It's easy to forget when you are in the moment of fiddling with something. I have not yet put GFI's on my tank outlets. That is on my list of things to do though.

With the conductivity of saltwater, I think GFI is a must. I've had too many power heads go bad and gotten badly shocked when placing my hand in the sump.

Back
Top Bottom