29 gallon long - lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SNorlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I am new to lighting and seriously need so help. First off, are there any good websites out there that nicely and clearly explain lighting for the planted tank ( what is PAR? Etc, what is K?). Also, for my tank, I am looking for the best light at 2WPG for a number of my plants ( not sure how that converts to PAR). I currently have a Fluval 29 gallon long with the hood it came with. It had a fluorescent in it that is only 25 watts. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412780108.972442.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Where are you? How long is the tank in inches? How far are you wanting to go into.the plant world? High tech? Med light semi-easy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Med- light. The tank is 36" long.

I am in Whitehorse Yukon. Takes forever to order anything here.

A finnex planted plus would give you solid med. Light, i run 2 current sat plus on my 30l, prob high med light but the color spectrum is very nice, i have the planted plus as well, it can be a bit much for a low maintenance tank though..

I work on my tank weekly, so I'm not sure if I am a " low maintenance" person. Lol. I can't seem to keep myself out of it, always trying to make my fish happier, my plants greener, or redder, everything look more natural. I will look into the finnex you mentioned. Are LEDs the way to go for better light ( for the plants and for beauty?).

Perfect, planted tanks are not a lazy man's game;) I'm a bug fan of leds, all I run.. take a look at before and after. You tell me.. only a few months. (High tech, 2 sats)

Attachments

• 1412781967378.jpg
    1412781967378.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 1412781984637.jpg
    1412781984637.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 44
Whoa!!! Awesome. Love your tank too. The wood is awesome and I love your plants. Can you tell me what plants you have in there?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Whoa!!! Awesome. Love your tank too. The wood is awesome and I love your plants. Can you tell me what plants you have in there?

Thanks! Its been. Rollercoaster haha.. sure, back from left to right is ludwiga sp. Red (2 weeks old), rotala rotundifolia, rotala walichi, vesuvias in back right corner. Left mid is pogo erectus, moss is mini fissedens, Ammania bonsai is green short stalks. Front is staur repens, downoi are the little side show bob hair like ones and the red is ar mini..

Cool, now I know what to look for :)

Cool, now I know what to look for :)

Hit me up when you get it set up and I'll send you a starter pack;)
With the increased light will come a demand for ferts and co2/liquid carbon..

Last edited:
If I use Flourish Excel and flourish fertilizer tabs will this be okay?

If I use Flourish Excel and flourish fertilizer tabs will this be okay?

Yah, than the dry ferts from green leaf aquatics and you'll be sailing.

Back
Top Bottom