29 gallon needs better lighting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Overall coverage was great, and the bulbs worked great. Can be found anywhere. The were ge from Wal-Mart. Check out my thread for results and techniques I used. Pittbully's planted tank journey - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Pittbully's planted tank journey

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! I just keep asking because i thought bulbs that were better for plants differed from your everyday lightbulb lol This mod would be easy to do and ill definately take a look at your thread! Only downside i see to it, is that the light is still only from the back of the tank. My current fixtures in the two tanks here show off the fish's colours only when they are at the back half of the tank. When theyre up at the front (usually when we come up to look at them) the light doesnt hit them directly :/ So i almost need to have a whole hood of lights to get coverage in the top-front of the tank

Regular cfls will work fine. I placed my one fixture in the middle of the tank open top. Held with pieces of wood at the ends of the euro bracing.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did one identical to pittbullys,.still have it if you want to give it a try.. i ran 2 13 watt 5000k and 2 23 watt 7000k. It was far to much light for my tank at the time. Def a capable system. I run straight leds across the board these days.. no pun intended:D
3 finnex planted plus
1 finnex stingray
1 current satellite plus
1 bad mamajamma bml

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im looking at alot of your guy's tanks and the more i do, the more im thinking maybe i dont need quite that much light. The main thing getting me to more light is more towards background plants and such, not so much a complete forest. At least in this tank, maybe later down the road ill go with the jungle dense look :p Its just most lower light plants look like weeds. Maybe ill invest in an LED hood. Do you guys know anything about these hoods im seeing on amazon.ca? Idk what brand tend to be cheaper quality

-Tetra AA6578 LED Natural Daylight Hood For Aquarium (30 inch)
-Aqueon 21107 Aquarium Hood LED Black (30inch)

Sorry im not sure how to make links

Back
Top Bottom