29 gallon Nitrate issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take offense all you want bud.. sometimes 25-30% isn't enough to keep nitrates down... That's what I was implying... Mine need a 50-60% weekly water change to stay down.. A pleco for example 4 inches or not puts off a lot of poop... your pleco assuming its the fully grown one 4 or so inches long.. is probably equivalent to all 10 of my neon tetra's or more..

Lets keep it civil here. In your post you said he didnt do water changes at all (maybe thats not what you meant but if you read it thats how it sounded)

Lets keep it civil here. In your post you said he didnt do water changes at all (maybe thats not what you meant but if you read it thats how it sounded)

Really go quote my post.. Apparently you or he cant read.

I said he probably never did water changes or did enough of a water change to keep the nitrates down.. Which obviously 30% wasn't enough.. You people get offended to easily...

If its going slowely down after so many water changes then my guess is you never really did water changes to keep the nitrates down in the past... At least enough to actually keep them down... Your nitrates were probably higher then 80-100... more likely 150+

Im on the app and cant highlight but read your first sentence. Im just saying it was easily misunderstood so lets not get all worked up.

She is/I am fine. not upset.
just extremely frustrated.
Yes i do weekly 30-35%
but also monthly 50% - on all my tanks
Yes , the nitrates are going down at 50% per day, My position is, and still remains as;
how do nitrates, with regular water changes - filter maintenance, and plant maintenance
with LOW feeding, really low, even GET that bad, in a completely under-stocked and VERY well maintained tank.
even the fish savants at my LFS, don't understand/can't explain it. one even comes to my house for regular game night visits, so he knows what i do to care for my tanks.

and again, my plecco, is a dwarf plecco, he is about 1.5 inches long, TEENY.

i honestly didn't think in a 29 gallon with 5 fish, i would ever have to do a 50% WC a day, unless i got a sickness, which i don't have.
everyone is healthy.

it just doesn't make any sense.

She is/I am fine. not upset.
just extremely frustrated.
Yes i do weekly 30-35%
but also monthly 50% - on all my tanks
Yes , the nitrates are going down at 50% per day, My position is, and still remains as;
how do nitrates, with regular water changes - filter maintenance, and plant maintenance
with LOW feeding, really low, even GET that bad, in a completely under-stocked and VERY well maintained tank.
even the fish savants at my LFS, don't understand/can't explain it. one even comes to my house for regular game night visits, so he knows what i do to care for my tanks.

and again, my plecco, is a dwarf plecco, he is about 1.5 inches long, TEENY.

i honestly didn't think in a 29 gallon with 5 fish, i would ever have to do a 50% WC a day, unless i got a sickness, which i don't have.
everyone is healthy.

it just doesn't make any sense.

It doesnt make sense. I have tanks setup similarly that I rarely do pwcs on and they are fine.

Back
Top Bottom