29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are inexpensive to replace of i need to. Might buy a second heater to help the other one out. Would the one heater be fine for the max temp? I want to say it is the 100 watt model.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bought a second 100W heater. My original just wasn't heating it up to 86. 2 weeks and I am hoping to be ich free :)

I am making a voucher now... I Michael L will NEVER buy fish from big box stores unless they are quarantined for 1 month first.

Also flipped my background so it is now black. Shows the algae better but it also shows my plants better :)

Attachments

• 1416879648350.jpg
    1416879648350.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 95
Thanks! I might keep this new heater in and use the fluval as a spare. The new one blends in a little better imo

I am making a voucher now... I Michael L will NEVER buy fish from big box stores unless they are quarantined for 1 month first.

^^^ For the record...got it in writing :)
I told myself this two years ago and have kept my word.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My fish are not liking me right now...90% of them have lost most of their color :(

Attachments

• 1416973689581.jpg
    1416973689581.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 86
I think I know why some of the black skirts are so fat...THEY ARE EATING MY SHRIMP! I saw one swimming around with a dead shrimp in its mouth :( only 5 left...darn these black skirts!

I think I know why some of the black skirts are so fat...THEY ARE EATING MY SHRIMP! I saw one swimming around with a dead shrimp in its mouth :( only 5 left...darn these black skirts!

It's possible the shrimp was dead, before the fish grabbed it. If you raised your heat, the Shrimp may die off. Could you move them to other tank ?
Shrimp don't usually carry Fish diseases.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have another tank right now :( I never thought about the shrimp being dead already either.

I might trim the elodea again when I get home. Couple of branches are a couple inches from the surface, but I'm not sure might let them float on top for a while.

Decided against the trim, only one tall branch. I did do a 2 gal water change to knock the nitrates down a bit.

I think the ghost shrimp was already dead because i saw 4 of the black skirts right by a shrimp. They just ignored it :)

My CO2 is acting up on me, yesterday i was getting constant small small bubbles frok the bottom of my tank, and today nothing. Still ~1BPS in bubble counter. No hole in the air lines because I was able to get bubble when I hooked the line up to my air pump.i will give it some time and see what happens.

Heat is still around 88 degrees. Spots seems to be going away too.

Why would my neons be hugging the bottom 1/3 of the tank? Stress from the heat?

My dad is giving me a hard time about my algae problem. I dont want to scrape it off, but I might have to :(

Couple of tank pictures :)

Edit: That is the highest i really see the neons. The black skirts go up higher though. These fish are driving me nuts. Between the ich, dying shrimp, and bottom dwelling neons it is no fun. :(

Attachments

• 1417217662573.jpg
    1417217662573.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 79
  • 1417217675186.jpg
    1417217675186.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 1417217687451.jpg
    1417217687451.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 70
Still no co2 coming out...this is driving me nuts. I raised the airstone to the middle of the water column but still nothing :(

anyone have any ideas?

You might want to bring the co2 question to the planted tank forum.

Sorry you're having a rough time!

Ghost shrimp don't last long, the tetra was likely scavenging. Might be your heat might not.

If you scrape the algae ... I just discovered the Stanley window scraper at Home Depot for $3. It holds a box cutter blade and (insert appropriate caution about fish, hands, and silicone) cleans even the difficult to scrub algae in one swipe.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-28-593-Window-Scraper-Blade/dp/B00002X1ZY

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I think i found my problem with the co2. A small leak in the gatorade bottle top. I haven't had time to seal this up, but i would net this is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom