29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a saltwater lfs by my school. Might have to see if they have it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

that is what I have. It isn't on the outside, but some if the grey dust was. A paper towl dipped in the tank and a dry paper towl are nice for cleaning the outside glass.

Use newspaper on the front with a glass cleaner ( careful none gets In tank) but the newspaper will keep it from leaving streaks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Use newspaper on the front with a glass cleaner ( careful none gets In tank) but the newspaper will keep it from leaving streaks

Thanks for the tip. Will have to try that nexy time

I've got film on my water surface too. So thick a big pond snail actually crawled across the "ceiling"...didn't realize it was so bad until that moment haha.
Brookster, do you think a skimmer would be necessary? Mines a fifteen tall, I think once I put the sponge filter in there the surface agitation would be sufficient to keep it from being a straight slime layer but you would know better than me :)

That skimmer would be good for any tank 5-30gal.. it has adjustable flow..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm lazy and use a paper towel when this happens. Drop it onto the surface and quickly remove it.
Increasing surface agitation helps break up the film.

I'm lazy and use a paper towel when this happens. Drop it onto the surface and quickly remove it.
Increasing surface agitation helps break up the film.

I do this on my 5g. Also forgot to mention that h2o2 in a misting bottle works well too.

Cool thanks guys. Didn't mean to ask about my tank on the OPs thread but I figured it was relevant for them too :)

FTS

One of my new otos going to town on some algae :):) Now if they would just leave the fake stuff alone, and clean the plants first it would be wonderful. These 5 are active little fishies though, #1 fish that I have owned!

Thanks. I wouldn't call it awesome, but I am really happy with where it has come.

The anubias nana might end up in my planted QT tank along with alot of java fern and the fake log.

Thinking about star repens in the front and some crypt wenditti red by the driftwood, right behind where the anubias is.

As if on command after I posted aboht how the otos where not eating off the plants 3 started going to town in the wisteria and sword

I checked the saltwater lfs by me, and they didn't have any eheim skimmers :( Will either order online or get a different one

They're $25 on slamazon. .. no brainer;)

im wanting to rescape mine but Im soooooooooooooo **** tired and dont want to disturb it. I constantly wishing I remembered to put the soil under the gravel and used different wood.

Looks good man!

Thinking about where to put that skimmer now. Would love to have it in the back left side, but it would be right next to the filter output :( wonder if I could just put it in at night, and take it out in the morning. I could move the filter output towards the middle more too.

I have to look when I get home, but I may be able to fit it next to the filter output depending on its flow.

Back
Top Bottom