29 gallon tank..3 fish with ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon tank with a Eheim 2215 running for 3 months fully stocked, a little over stocked..
This morning i see 3 red phantom tetras with what looks like grains of sand/salt on their body's.

Tank consists of:
6 red phantom tetra
6 neon tetra.
1 molly orange.
1 molly black marble.
2 guppy.
4 glo fish star fire.
3 glo fish tetra yellow
2 glo fish sunburst OJ
1 glo fish electric yel
2 Variatus Redtail

I do frequent water changes and nitrates are in check, do I treat my entire tank? I see no abnormalities with my other fish. The weather in hawaii has turned cold recently..

Is this ick? I have no quarantine tank
3lk7jya.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. Beautiful looking tank though! What are your Ammonia and Nitrites?

First, your tank is overstocked. Plug your fish in aqadvisor.com for a guideline to help you with your overstock.

You can treat the whole tank for ich, but quarantine if you can. Buy medicine that treats ich specifically from your local fish store & follow the directions. Turn up your temperature to close to 85F.

I been using kordon ich attack two times a day, today a bunch of fish was stuck to my filter inlet. There's a bunch of fish with no ich that are dying.

Should I fill a 5 gallon bucket with a air stone and put all sick infected fish in it? I have a small sponge filter in the mail coming from amazon. I'm doing water changes as well now.

Im distressed what should i do??? I also have a copper treatment in the mail but i don't see ich on my other fish lay a couple have it.

KtCbtkT.jpg

Raise your temp to 86.

Do a 40% water Change.

What are your exact water parameters?

Raise the temp 1 degree every 3 hours. It must be slow. No higher than 86. Leave it at this temp for a week. Add some aquarium salt per the directions.

Four phantom tetras died, I setup a 5 g bucket with airstone and put my orange molly in it since he looked like he was dying with no evidence of ich.

My heater is also in the mail, since im from hawaii I have not been using one.

My posts seem to have a large delay from being posted...maybe because im new?

My only guess is because you included attachments?

It's good you separated them. You will need to treat both waters. Look at fishlore for detailed info that might help you diagnosing.

What are your exact parameters? Do you have a testing kit?

Nitrite 0
Amonia 0
Nitrate quite low and safe

My orange molly that showed no signs of ich died in the quarantine bucket, prob because I did not acclimate him to the bucket water.

I will go shopping for a 5g tank and cycle it and use it for introducing fish and plants to my 29g.

I dont know why my molly died, hope its not because of the meds.

I'm still treating my main tank with low dosages of ich attack, I dont see ich on my remaining fish.

Maybe one of the fish that died is the bully tail nipper accountable for numerous fish deaths.

Stock dropping

2 red phantom tetra
6 neon tetra
1 guppy.
4 glo fish star fire.
3 glo fish tetra yellow
2 glo fish sunburst OJ
1 glo fish electric yel
1 Variatus Redtail

Its like the dam ich treatment is killin my fish...
MY last variatus redtails will be dead tomorrow

:( x 1000000

Back
Top Bottom