29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Starting a new build, excited!

This is going to be a slow build because I'm not making much money right now so every other week ill be getting something new for it. My first question is should I go with a sump/refugium? I've never kept one so I would need help with setting it up.
Equipment:
2 Hydor Koralia 425gph and maybe the hydor smart wave
I'm going to go ahead and use my coralife 65gph protein skimmer
And maybe a sump
I'm not sure what heater I'm gonna go with I've had to many fail on me

Give me some input please

Purchased a sixline wrasse today cycle finished Friday

I have decided to wait and save some money maybe end of November I will get one

Very nice. Any pics of the 6-line? I'm stuck between 6line and leopard wrasse right now.

Khij159753 said:
Very nice. Any pics of the 6-line? I'm stuck between 6line and leopard wrasse right now.

How about "mystery wrasse"

I would be buying the eshopps rs-75 i think it's called

It's hard to get a pic all he does is zip through the tank as they are suppose to do

Attachments

• image-2628333784.jpg
    image-2628333784.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3311896983.jpg
    image-3311896983.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 135
  • image-2182879.jpg
    image-2182879.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 124
I also am getting a diatom problem is there a way to get it to go away fast? This is only my third tank build and I know I should know everything but I don't. I usually don't take time with things and I rush into it. So I am taking time on this build.

Khij159753 said:

Leopard wrasses are difficult I had one in a 55 it was only about 1/2 an inch I couldn't get it to eat flakes, frozen, or pellet food. I had to feed it live foods like live brine shrimp. I ended up giving it to a friend with a 120.

Yeah. I'd make sure it was alive and healthy at my lfs. The owner will hold fish for you for a week to make sure it's healthy if you want him to. And he doesn't feed live foods to any of his fish. Mandarins scooters leopard wrasse Ect. But he has no problem keeping them alive for months. Same with pipe fish and sea horses and stuff :) I love my lfs

Thats good they want satisfaction of customers I like that with LFS'S.

Yeah :) I'm always in there. I'll hang out there all day and watch movies with the owner and help out customers ect haha :)

I like my LFS but not that much. I want to open up my own but that will come a couple years.

Khij159753 said:
Yeah :) I'm always in there. I'll hang out there all day and watch movies with the owner and help out customers ect haha :)

What??!! Wait-didn't you say you don't have a job? Why don't you go work for the guy if you're there all day and helping customers anyways? No wonder he gives you free stuff and great deals all the time!!! You're working for free! Lol.

Haha :) cause he has all the workers he needs and they're all family or really good family friends. But yeah I can usually get a really good deal if I do some work while I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom