29 gallong tank, Dwarf Lion Fish! (FOWLR, Build Thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After an Hour an a half and a water test, my guys are in the main display!

Like I said they don't look like True Perculas but I don't know. If someone could tell me that would be great. the light is now off on my tank so they can get use to the tank for the night.

Attachments

• IMG_3147.jpg
    IMG_3147.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9166.jpg
    IMG_9166.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 91
Can you get better pics? They almost look a little like clarkii clowns. How much did you pay for them both

Unfortunately my Iphone can only do so much.

I paid $20.99 for each of the clown fish. I tried to take a better picture, but I got the one in the back really well, the other one not so much.:ermm: I did post a thread in the Identification forms.

As for apastia, I put some pics up. The best I could get, I hope this thing is not apastia. I am not ready to deal with something like this.

Good news, both of my clowns are eating well, and look like they are having a good time. Now on to the next fish. :p Next week a Six Line Wrasse will grace my tank with it's charm.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 56
Yeah I'm pretty sure you got false Percs. Here we sell false Percs for about 20$ a piece and true Percs for about 40$ a piece.

True or False, aww well. As long as I got Clowns. :p

I wanted True but didn't know that they were taken straight from the ocean. If I had known I wouldn't have asked for them. I don't want to add to the reef problems we already have. :-/

I just wanted true because I liked the way they looked in pictures, but now that I got the two that I have I don't want any other. :p They are two banded and that is kind of cool, I have not seen any two banded clowns before.

I added two small peppermint Shrimp in today in hopes they take care of that aipstasia. If not I will get two more when I add the Wrasse next Friday. Don't want to shock the bio-load too fast. I was assured that two small peppermint shrimp wouldn't hurt the bio-load that much. I also needed the cleaners for my sand bed.

Did a Test tonight, and being my tank does not have all of the tank mates, I still am in the building phase.

Tomorrow phase 4 starts. Putting in a Six line Wrasse! I tested everything and my water is good to go! 0 everything but PH at 8.2!

One Concern of mine!! My salinity seems to be rising! When I get it from the store it's at 1.25, so I put it in my tank after a water change. I do 5 gallon water changes once a week. It is reading 1.26 right now. It seems the meter takes a little getting set up, but once it sets up it seems to be reading consistently 1.26. My clowns seem to be happy and swimming! Should I be worried? I put some fresh water in (from LFS) just to top off my tank, and I know that won't bring the senility down.

I did read 1.26 is a good thing to keep it at, but I am just worried of it rising. I wouldn't see how it could rise being I get it premixed. I don't want it to be 1.28 someday. :p

Did a Test tonight, and being my tank does not have all of the tank mates, I still am in the building phase.

Tomorrow phase 4 starts. Putting in a Six line Wrasse! I tested everything and my water is good to go! 0 everything but PH at 8.2!

One Concern of mine!! My salinity seems to be rising! When I get it from the store it's at 1.25, so I put it in my tank after a water change. I do 5 gallon water changes once a week. It is reading 1.26 right now. It seems the meter takes a little getting set up, but once it sets up it seems to be reading consistently 1.26. My clowns seem to be happy and swimming! Should I be worried? I put some fresh water in (from LFS) just to top off my tank, and I know that won't bring the senility down.

I did read 1.26 is a good thing to keep it at, but I am just worried of it rising. I wouldn't see how it could rise being I get it premixed. I don't want it to be 1.28 someday. :p

Adding freshwater will bring your salinity down to where it was before. As you may know the evaporation will cause salinity to rise, and adding the fresh water, as opposed to saltwater, should bring it right to where it was before. If it is still higher than you want add even more freshwater.

Why Sold Out!

Every week when I couldn't put fish into my tank, and every week before than when I was building my tank. I could go to the LFS and they would have Six Line Wrasse's.

Now when I can, every single LFS does not have a Six Line Wrasse. This search included Indianapolis and Cincinnati:banghead:.

On the bright side, I did find a store close to me with a Flame Hawkfish, so it looks like the Flame Hawkfish will be the next addition to my tank. Going tonight to pick the guy up if a Six Line Wrasse is now found.

I do have a little hope left, a store gets it's shipment in today and I got to call back. They think they got one ordered, but they don't know.

Well, one place I forgot to check has one. :p My only issue is they don't have any guarantee on the fish. If I buy it and it dies even if it's not my fault, I am out of 24 dollars. :-/

Should I go with the Flame Hawkfish first, or Wrasse first? I only got three hours to decide. So please help me out. :p

Well just throwing this out there... My lfs has nongruntee on any of our fish coral or inverts. But we make sure everyone knows that and won't sell things that are kinda iffy looking unless they really want it anyway :p

Understandable Khij

Just Should I go with the Flame Hawkfish first, or Wrasse first? I only got 2 hours to decide. So please help me out. :p

Hey Khij

Being that the Flame Hawk is harder to find in stores and this store I found has one, would it be ok to go with the Flame hawk? than the Six Line Wrasse last? Some people say a Wrasse should be last anyway.

I like the Six Line, and I know I can find one next week, they are harder to find this time of year but I got 9 stores I can call and one has to have a Wrasse next week. The flame hawk on the other hand is just hard to find, and to be honest I have only seen in pictures and video. :p

Yes. As long as the flame hawk is still a juvenile. Otherwise it'll be too territorial when you try to add the 6line

Thanks Khij

Yes he is a baby still. I talked to the guy and he said that adding him first over the Wrasse would be ok as the Wrasse can swim circles around a hawkfish.

One question, what if I add both today? Would that be a option? I don't want to shock my bio-load but I got a ton of live things in there right now. I got 2 clowns, 6 hermits, and 2 peppermint shrimp (I know the hawk might get my shrimp). My tank has been up now for four weeks and water quality was perfect last night I checked.

I do have 50 pounds of live rock and 60 pounds of live sand. That should help with the bio-load.

Got my Flame Hawk today! Got him acclimated and he is swimming about well.

Hope to have many good years with my new guy. :p

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9320.jpg
    IMG_9320.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom