29 or 14 corralife biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg your tanks are sooooo beautiful I am looking towrds a flame or coral beauty

Omg your tanks are sooooo beautiful I am looking towrds a flame or coral beauty

My LRS calls them dwarf angels that might not be scientifically correct but they said the only caution I would need to worry about is theres a possibility they will pick on corals and put them in when your tanks established and I bought both of mine from the same store I had him show me that they eat whatever you give them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree they can and will eat corals as I had a friend whose ate a clam and a lot of acans. I disagree that a biocube is a proper home for an open water swimming fish like a dwarf angel. They can also get about 4-4.5". If you do decide to get one which I don't agree with please don't get a potters, they're an extremely tricky fish to get eating.

Just remember there's no guarantees like I said I made sure my potters ate in the store now he eats nori picks algae and eats pellets there's no guarantee it won't eat coral but its not like its 100 percent fact it will either its a gamble that's all up to you.

I agree they can and will eat corals as I had a friend whose ate a clam and a lot of acans. I disagree that a biocube is a proper home for an open water swimming fish like a dwarf angel. They can also get about 4-4.5". If you do decide to get one which I don't agree with please don't get a potters, they're an extremely tricky fish to get eating.

+1. Angels do not belong in bio cubes. If your so set on this type of fish why not just get a tank that can properly handle it? A 40b would be perfect, and you'd probably be happier using your own equipment choices in the long run. There are so many great fish that can live perfectly in a bio cube so why not choose from them or set up a tank that's the proper size for the fish you want.

Two angels would not work in a 40b either. They can be very very aggressive to each other and its just not worth the risk.

But a 40b would be a great tank, i have one myself and it is big enough that you can keep a bunch more fish than a 29g biocube and yet not so big its a hassle to maintain. :)

I had a biocube for several years, its a great tank but not for the fish stocking you want.
:)

Two angels would not work in a 40b either. They can be very very aggressive to each other and its just not worth the risk.

But a 40b would be a great tank, i have one myself and it is big enough that you can keep a bunch more fish than a 29g biocube and yet not so big its a hassle to maintain. :)

I had a biocube for several years, its a great tank but not for the fish stocking you want.
:)
What fish?:fish2:

You mean what did I keep in my biocube? lol I was a tad overstocked but am really really anal retentive about maintanence so it worked for me.

I had :
Pair of b&w clowns
blue mandarin (not an easy fish at all)
yellow clown goby
green clown goby
Scooter blenny ( not an easy fish either)
I also had 1 other fish but for the life of me I cant recall which one right now. lol I have so many tanks and fish i get confused sometimes. I think it may have been a dottyback or a royal gramma. Think the gramma was in that tank....

But I know I had 7 in there total. Took a skimmer and large weekly water changes to keep them all.

Yep, it was alot of work, specially with the mandarin and scooter as they had to be fed several times a day. My water was never really super clean either, the price you pay for stocking the types of fish I did as well as the numbers. lol

My smallest tank is now a 40b which only has 4 fish for now and the water is quite good and so clean! Love my 40b!

Well, I was waiting for my new stand for the 60g rimless tank and put the fish into a 10g just while I was waiting. One by one the fish all died off, I believe it was marine velvet. :-( I sold off the biocube and got such a great deal on it I had to move the fish.

I had the mandarin for a couple years and had her eating frozen foods as well as pellets. I really miss her, she was a super awesome fish. BUT a very difficult fish to get eating, took a month to get her onto frozen blooworms and the rest of the foods she eventually took to. Since I had some success with her I wont be pressing my luck as most of them die in home aquariums and I consider myself lucky that she was so healthy and active while I did have her.
I am still waiting on the 60g stand btw, had it built custom back in December and just havent gotten the final finished product yet. :-(

Where's the facts to you CANT have a flame angel? I didn't have two at once I had two at separate times and they both did fine my original coral beauty I had a year before my tank crashed this time I went with a potters I've gone to fish stores down south west palm little reef store in Melbourne fl and I've seen them have dwarf angels in cubes for display. So I don't see why you can't have a angel in a 29 cube

They're an open water swimming fish and are all wild caught. They also reach around 4". A biocube I believe is 20" long, that's the same length as a 10 gallon. IMO it's just not fair on the fish to keep it in such a short tank. I've seen it done but I don't agree with it.

Well that's all opinion. These animals are taken from the wild then even the longest at home tank isnt fair to the animal. But if you give it steady parameters and well fed and healthy I don't see a problem but like I said its a opinion no fact to it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom