29g F8 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalheadx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally upgraded my F8 Puffers' tank to a 29g ( got it at $1 / per gal. sale ) ..... I have had it up for about a week in a half and they love it even better then there 20g extra high tank they use to be homed in ... I just finally got a rough draft ( as I call it ) on the landscape I'm going with for them . Also I just finally got them fully acclimated to there brackish water . Here is what the landscape is , some things are getting changed and moved around but , it will be close to this . Any thoughts would be great ! ! ! Thanks for looking ! ! Will also add pics and news as this build gets better .

Attachments

• image-2731948110.jpg
    image-2731948110.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image-86707854.jpg
    image-86707854.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 95
Not sure if this is posted in the right part of the forum ..... Any mods my move if needed and my change the title to 29g F8 landscape build

I love how the rocks glow!! That's really cool :) I'm sure f8s are loving their new home! I think it's funny that you set up landscaping and then think about it for a while cause that's EXACTLY how I do it!! Lol. It takes me a while to get it just right :)

Reiner said:
I love how the rocks glow!! That's really cool :) I'm sure f8s are loving their new home! I think it's funny that you set up landscaping and then think about it for a while cause that's EXACTLY how I do it!! Lol. It takes me a while to get it just right :)

Lol ya I also did the same with my 40g b com. Tank , glad I'm not the only one that does that , lol.

Its looking really good. More pics to come after the new decor plz. Most of my puff tanks are still half empty since I don't have enough money this month to buy more decor -_-

Okay well tonight I picked them up a small 2" opening t-shaped piece of PVC piping to give them something to swim and hide in , also to keep them busy and also see if they like it , so I can eventually buy or make them a new cave !!! Oh and I forgot I also got them two new plants that will go in tomorrow !!

Here are the new plants going in !!!!!!

Attachments

• image-1791834858.jpg
    image-1791834858.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image-698796840.jpg
    image-698796840.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 69
Reiner said:
Cool :) Definitely keep us plied with pics

Will do for sure , I'm on the debate on picking up some granite and making a rock cave type thing for them , what you guys think ?!

Metalheadx said:
Will do for sure , I'm on the debate on picking up some granite and making a rock cave type thing for them , what you guys think ?!

That could be pretty sweet!! I'm converting my GSPs to full marine and I'm planning on doing some caves and stuff with live rock. Apparently were on the same page again. Lol

I replace the substrate with really fine gravel and added a new rock and the plants .... Still cloudy and still need to rearrange some of the plants after the puffers relax again . Also making there caves and rock decors this weekend .

Attachments

• image-1646409736.jpg
    image-1646409736.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image-1732572901.jpg
    image-1732572901.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2642905410.jpg
    image-2642905410.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 49
  • image-3275348298.jpg
    image-3275348298.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 50
Hey Beau I've been really busy lately. I'm packed full of message and voicemails.

I'm enjoying the scenary so far. I've been thinking about going to Michaels (the craft and art store) to buy some silk plants and putting it in my tank. I saw some people on other forums do it, so I'm following their lead. I can't find any good rocks in my area.

Terrance said:
Hey Beau I've been really busy lately. I'm packed full of message and voicemails.

I'm enjoying the scenary so far. I've been thinking about going to Michaels (the craft and art store) to buy some silk plants and putting it in my tank. I saw some people on other forums do it, so I'm following their lead. I can't find any good rocks in my area.

It's all good bro , and I'll keep an eye out for any cool rocks , and the silk plants may look real good , I have heard from a few though that they are hard to keep clean ( most likely prop. not true ) .

Reiner said:
I really like the rock you added in the middle! Very cool looking.

Hey Reiner , thank you very much , I found it in my backyard hiding on top of died grass / weeds and dog surprises ... LOL , I was so happy when I found it though .

Metalheadx said:
Hey Reiner , thank you very much , I found it in my backyard hiding on top of died grass / weeds and dog surprises ... LOL , I was so happy when I found it though .

Haha!! It sounds like you had to go though a lot to get it. It better have turned out to be pretty sweet considering all that ;) I definitely know what it's like to have to go around dog surprises in your backyard. Lol.

Reiner said:
Haha!! It sounds like you had to go though a lot to get it. It better have turned out to be pretty sweet considering all that ;) I definitely know what it's like to have to go around dog surprises in your backyard. Lol.

LOL . For sure ... Oh the joys of owning three dogs .

Back
Top Bottom