29G Freshwater stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Killjoy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
I have an established 29G tank, sand substrate, planted, with 4 cherry barbs, a red wag, 2 platys, a small bristle nose pleco, a small angel fish, 2 algae shrimp, a cherry shrimp, and 6 albino cory catfish. My question is, can I add a small school of tetras or any other small school/fish or am I about stocked? Thanks!

Well with that angelfish you'd be best staying away from any small tetras because when the angel gets bigger they'll become food.

From the sounds of it you might be just at your limit. Though you might be able to get maybe 2-3 mid sized tetras (diamond, black skirt, serpae)

Could we have a picture to see what your tank looks like?

Well with that angelfish you'd be best staying away from any small tetras because when the angel gets bigger they'll become food.

From the sounds of it you might be just at your limit. Though you might be able to get maybe 2-3 mid sized tetras (diamond, black skirt, serpae)

Could we have a picture to see what your tank looks like?

I will post a picture later today when i get home :)

If I rehomed the angel, do you think I could get more tetras? Maybe a dwarf gourami as a centerpiece fish?

Armed with the knowledge the Angels are gone you may be able to get away with some glowlight tetras but only 6 max. You also need more cherry barbs, but you are significantly over the line on stock load.

Don't know what type of filter you have but it will be a game changer depending.

Back
Top Bottom